The researchers, working under the auspices of the University of Pennsylvania's Center for Global Communications Studies, say in a report to be released this week that they have found functional versions of the sites of government ministries, universities and businesses on the network.
What does GLOCOM stand for?
GLOCOM stands for Center for GLObal COMmunications
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Get the Lead Out Coalition (Rhode Island)
- Glasgow Light Opera Club (UK)
- Gravity-Induced Loss of Consciousness (also seen as G-LOC)
- Ground Lines of Communication
- Grupul de Lucru Al Organizatiilor Civice (Romanian: Civic Organizations Working Group)
- Guardian Life of the Caribbean Limited
- Global Tropospheric Carbon Dioxide Network
- Global Change Research in the Antarctic
- Global Atmospheric Chemical Survey
- Global Chemistry
- Geometric Level of Detail (computing)
- Green Light of Death (type of Apple Macintosh crash)
- Global Ocean Data Analysis Project (Seattle, WA)
- Global Decision for Utility Accrual Channel Establishment (computer networking)
- Gay & Lesbian Outreach and Engagment
- Gay and Lesbian Outreach to Elders
- Great Lakes Office Equipment (North Alpena, MI)
- Glacial Lake Outburst Flood
- Golden Leaf Orienteering Fest (Canada)
- Good Luck On Finals
Samples in periodicals archive:
Source: International University of Japan Contact: Keiko Akiyama The Center for Global Communications Email: GSN2010@glocom.
The US still has a strong stake in ICANN, as far as stakeholderism is concerned," Keisuke Kamimura, senior researcher at the Center for Global Communications, International University of Japan, told AFP.
He is also a fellow of the Center for Global Communications of Japan (Glocom) and a member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT).