According to the Center for Constitutional Rights 130 prisoners went on a hunger strike to protest the confiscation of personal items such as photos and mail and the alleged sacrilegious handling of their Korans.
What does CFCR stand for?
CFCR stands for Center for Constitutional Rights (New York)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CFCR
We have 17 other meanings of CFCR in our Acronym Attic
- Certified FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act) Compliance Practitioner
- Certified Functional Continuity Professional
- Cities for Climate Protection (various locations)
- Commercial Front-end Communications Processor
- COTS Fleet Communications Package
- Central Florida Crime Prevention Association (Orlando, FL)
- China Film Copyright Protection Association
- Columbus and Franklin County Public Library (Columbus, OH)
- Children and Family Council for Prevention Programs (Vermont)
- Choristoneura Fumiferana Cytoplasmic Polyhedrosis Virus
- Central Florida Commuter Rail Project (now Sun Rail)
- Citizen Foster Care Review
- Citizens for the California Republic (Sacramento, CA)
- Combined Fuel Consumption Rating (statistic)
- Community Foundation for the Capital Region (Albany, NY; community service organization; est. 1968)
- Center for Fuel Cell Research and Applications
- Canadian Federation of Chiropractic Regulatory Boards (Canada)
- Citizen Foster Care Review Board (Kentucky and Florida)
- Central Florida Community Reinvestment Corporation
- Center for Commercial Real Estate
Samples in periodicals archive:
PNN The Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR), in collaboration with the National Lawyers Guild (NLG), the Student Speech Working Group and other organizations, today announced the launch of the Palestine Solidarity Legal Support Initiative, which will help ensure that Palestinian rights activists have the legal support they need to exercise their First Amendment rights and continue speaking and organizing.
He demonstrates that these increased powers have always been countered by legal and political constraints brought about by lawyers and ethics monitors, as well as the media and organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union and the Center for Constitutional Rights.
s current fervor to use the label of terrorism as a brand for groups and organizations that are not towing the line on US foreign policy, this challenge to the criminalization of what have long been understood to be constitutionally protected activities is vitally important," the not-for-profit Center for Constitutional Rights said in an overview of the case.
; and Katherine Gallagher, of the Center for Constitutional Rights.
This is now President Obama's Guantanamo," said Emi McLean, an attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights, evoking US courts' repudiation of Bush's policy on the "war on terror" detention center three times in recent years.
Ex-Guantanamo Detainees Effectively Disappeared After Transfer To Algeria Nearly Two Weeks Ago Center for Constitutional Rights Calls for Immediate Notice of Their Whereabouts On July 2, 2008, the U.
Center for Constitutional Rights argues case challenging post-9/11 detention of Muslims; U.