We wanted researchers at small institutions and startups, anywhere in the world, to be able to compete with the 'big boys' of genomics and in so doing find better solutions," says Kohane, who co-directs the Center for Biomedical Informatics at HMS.
What does CBMI stand for?
CBMI stands for Center for Biomedical Informatics (Harvard Medical School; Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CBMI
We have 21 other meanings of CBMI in our Acronym Attic
- Cognitive Brain Mapping Group (Northwestern University; Evanston, IL)
- Corporate Benefit Management Group (Memphis, TN)
- Canadian Bulletin of Medical History
- Catch Basin Manhole
- Center for Biomedical and Medical Humanities
- Christiaan Barnard Memorial Hospital (Capetown, South Africa)
- Clyde Bergemann Materials Handling (UK)
- Community Based Medical Home
- Criminal Behaviour and Mental Health (journal)
- Cabazon Band of Mission Indians (Indio, CA)
- Christian Blind Mission International (Australia)
- College Business Management Institute (various locations; Southern Association of College and University Business Officers)
- Commercial Building Mold Inspector
- Content Based Multimedia Indexing
- Cell Broadcast Message Identifier for Data (file)
- Cell Broadcast Message Identifier Range
- Content-Based Music Information Retrieval
- Community-Based Management Information System
- Can't Buy Me Love (Beatles song)
- Case Based Markup Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now, the Center for Biomedical Informatics (CBMi) at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has created Genome Wowser, an app for exploring genomic information that is convenient, intuitive and highly mobile.
Anthony Luberti discusses his experiences with a recently implemented enterprise-wide EHR system at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, where he is a pediatrician and medical director of the Informatics Education Program in the Center for Biomedical Informatics.
Apixio Inc, the leading provider of search solutions for clinical information has announced that it has provided funds for research to the Center for Biomedical Informatics Research (BMIR) at Stanford University for developing data driven methods to improve health care outcomes.
The Center for Biomedical Informatics (CBMi) at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia converted all the reference information into a software application, or "app" that anyone with an iPhone or iPod touch can download for free from the App StoreSM on the internet.
Caterina Lasome, COO, Center for Biomedical Informatics & IT, NCI For more information on attending the Electronic Health Records Summit, and to see a full list of subject matter and speakers, please visit: http://www.
Covitz comes to MDS Nordion from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in Maryland, United States, where he held the position of Chief Operating Officer at the NCI's Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology.
Palchuk was an interlingua architect at the Center for Biomedical Informatics (CBMI) at Harvard University where he worked on i2b2-related ontology projects and was responsible for creating an infrastructure to support collaborative environments among Harvard-affiliated hospitals and research institutions.