Byline: The Register-Guard In a guest viewpoint published on these pages today, Carl Falsgraf, director of the Center for Applied Second Language Studies at the University of Oregon, takes the Eugene Library Foundation to task for purchasing a set of online language learning programs for the Eugene Public Library.
What does CASLS stand for?
CASLS stands for Center for Applied Second Language Studies
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CASLS
We have 1 other meaning of CASLS in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Association of Special Libraries and Information Services
- Canadian Association for the Study of Language and Learning
- Center for American Sign Language Literacy
- Club Autos Sport la Licorne (French: The Unicorn Sport Auto Club; Canada)
- Conference on Alternative State and Local Practices
- Canadian Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists (Canada)
- Columbia Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (Canada)
- Carolina Autism Supported Living Services, Ltd (Charleston, SC)
- Centre for Applied Socio-Legal Studies (UK)
- Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers
- Canadian Academy of Sports Medicine
- Canadian Association for Safe Motorcycling
- Central Aircraft Systems Management
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Mathematics (Univeristy of Cambridge, UK)
- Close Air Support Missile
- Coalition for American Solar Manufacturing (trade organization)
- Cognitive Aspects of Survey Methodology (behavioral science)
- Coherent Adaptive Subcarrier Modulation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Part of the difficulty with the traditional model of publishing is that one size must fit all," says Falsgraf, who directs the northwest resource center's Center for Applied Second Language Studies.
All nine current language resource centers were refunded, and three new centers were added (the Center for Advanced Language Proficiency Education and Research at Pennsylvania State University, the Language Resource Center for Central Asia, Azerbaijan, and Afghanistan at Indiana University, and the Center for Applied Second Language Studies at the University of Oregon).
Guest speaker Carl Falsgraf, director of the University of Oregon's Center for Applied Second Language Studies, will explain best practices and models for second language development and programs.
Avant Assessment A leader in Web-based foreign language assessment in education, government and business Founded: January 2001 by Carl Falsgraf, director of the UO Center for Applied Second Language Studies Principal owners: David and Sheila Bong, John Haakanson and the University of Oregon Foundation.
Carl Falsgraf is director of the Center for Applied Second Language Studies at the University of Oregon.
The three-year, $552,510 Foreign Language Assistance Program grant would earmark $40,500 for the Center for Applied Second Language Studies to design a questionnaire and conduct a feasibility study.
Oak Hill enlisted the help of the University of Oregon's Center for Applied Second Language Studies in seeking a teacher and designing the program, Grey said.