Turnitin has partnered with prestigious organizations dedicated to addressing plagiarism as sponsors for the event, including the International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI), Plagiarism Today, and The School for Ethical Education (SEE).
What does CAI stand for?
CAI stands for Center for Academic Integrity
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CAI
We have 415 other meanings of CAI in our Acronym Attic
- Calcium Aluminum-rich Inclusion (mineralogy)
- Call Assembly Index
- Cameron and Associates, Inc (Atlanta, GA)
- Canadian Automotive Institute (Canada)
- Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor
- Carbonic Anhydrase Isoenzymes I
- Carcinogenic Activity Indicator
- Case Identification
- Casinos Austria International (Austria)
- Cellule d'Audit Interne (French: Internal Audit Unit)
- Central American Indian (language)
- Central Apnea Index
- Central Approval Index
- Central Asia Institute
- Centrale Allarme Interbancaria (Italian Institute for payment alarming)
- Centrale Antenne Inrichting (Dutch TV/Radio antenna company)
- Centralized Accident Investigation
- Centre Auvergne Immobilier (French: Auvergne Real Estate Center; Auvergne, France)
- Centre d'Analyse des Images (French: Image Analysis Center)
- Centro de Atencíon Inmediata (Spanish: Immediate Care Center; Colombia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI) was founded in 1992 to combat cheating, plagiarism, and academic dishonesty in higher education.
Teresa (Teddi) Fishman, The International Center for Academic Integrity * Gill Rowell, International Plagiarism Conference "With the overlap-not just in our areas of focus-but also in the shared priority of trying to contend with these pressing issues, the alliance of our conferences is a significant development in the area of academic integrity," said Tracey Bretag, co-chair, Asia Pacific Forum on Educational Integrity.
The conference was attended by Fathy Sorour, head of the Egyptian Parliament, Safwat Zahran, president of Benha University, Professor Donald McCabe, founding president of Clemson University's Center for Academic Integrity and professor of management and global business at Rutgers University; Daniel Wueste, director of the Robert J.
Teresa Fishman, the director of the Center for Academic Integrity at Clemson University in South Carolina, has reached the same conclusion.
Now we have a whole generation of students who've grown up with information that just seems to be hanging out there in cyberspace and doesn't seem to have an author," Teresa Fishman, director of the Center for Academic Integrity at Clemson University, told the Times.
Since then it seems the problem has continued to grow, with students placing more emphasis on competition than on academic integrity (Nuss, 1984; Center For Academic Integrity, 2006).
Study conducted by the Center for Academic Integrity finds levels of cheating and plagiarism remain high, with 70% of students admitting to some cheating (McCable, 2005).