In April 2007, the Census Bureau moved to eliminate its Census County Divisions -- the statistical category under which the Valley was granted status.
What does CCD stand for?
CCD stands for Census County Division
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CCD
We have 448 other meanings of CCD in our Acronym Attic
- Cambridge Cluster Database (molecular energies; UK)
- Camera Color Dome
- Camouflage, Concealment, & Deception
- Carbonate Compensation Depth (geology)
- Cash Concentration and Disbursement
- Catalytic Combustion Detector
- Category Class Diagram
- Category Code Directory
- Category Code Document
- Catholic Christian Doctrine (common, but incorrect)
- Center for Character Development
- Center for Clean Development
- Center for Constitutional Dialogue (Nepal)
- Center for Culinary Development
- Center for Culture and Development (various locations)
- Central Cell Density
- Central City District (various locations)
- Central City Dump
- Central Cloudy Dystrophy (eye disorder)
- Central Coordination Disturbance
Samples in periodicals archive:
Finally, after five years of intense local lobbying, Washington gave the Valley its own Census County Division, or CCD.
But to save money, the Census Bureau now wants to eliminate the task of supplying Valley statistics on demographics, jobs, housing, education and more, compiled under the Census County Division.