The original technology, introduced in the early 1990s, was called CAVE, which stood for Cave Automatic Virtual Environment and also cleverly referred to Plato's cave, the philosopher's analogy about shadows and reality.
What does CAVE stand for?
CAVE stands for Cave Automatic Virtual Environment
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CAVE
We have 38 other meanings of CAVE in our Acronym Attic
- Cardiac Allograft Vascular Disease
- Club Auto Verte Dunkerquois (French: Green Auto Club Dunkirk; Dunkirk, France)
- Collaboration for AIDS Vaccine Discovery (est. 2006)
- Complete Atrio-Ventricular Canal Defect (cardiology)
- Congenital Absence of the Vas Deferens
- Custom Audio Video Distribution (various locations)
- Cavalry Division
- Caller Verification (EU)
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park (US National Park Service)
- Catholic Audio-Visual Educators Association
- Cellular Authentication and Voice Encryption
- Center for Advanced Vehicle Electronics (Auburn University)
- CERES/ARM Validation Experiment
- Citizen(s) Against Virtually Everything
- Citizens against Violence Everywhere (Beaufort County, SC)
- Citizens Aware of Virtually Everything
- Club Angevin de Véhicules d'Epoque (French: Angevin Vintage Vehicles Club)
- Club des Amateurs de Vins Exquis (French: Club of Lovers of Fine Wines; Switzerland)
- Collaborative Virtual Environment
- Columbia Automated Vision Environment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tokyo, Japan, July 5, 2007 - (JCN) - Recently, there's been a lot of research on CAVE or Cave Automatic Virtual Environment.
One virtual-reality display technology being developed to cope with large data sets goes by the name of CAVE, for Cave Automatic Virtual Environment (SN: 11/12/94, p.