Catheter associated urinary tract infections account for 35% of all hospital acquired infections and cost approximately $12,000/each to treat.
What does CAUTI stand for?
CAUTI stands for Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of CAUTI in our Acronym Attic
- Common Airborne USW (Under Sea Warfare) Sonobuoy Sensor System (US Navy)
- Cyberspace Association of US Submariners
- Cambridge Association of University Teachers (UK)
- Canadian Association of University Teachers
- College and University Technicians (Piano Technicians Guild category)
- Committee for the Advancement of University Teaching (Australia)
- Canadian Association of University Teachers of German
- Council for Australian University Tourism and Hospitality Education
- Coalition Against Unnecessary Thoroughfares In Our Neighborhoods
- Coordinateur Automatique de Trafic Aérien (French: Air Traffic Control Computer)
- Coalition Against Unfair Utility Practices (New Jersey)
- Congenital Absence of Uterus and Vagina
- Current Agricultural Use Value (farmland valuation)
- Cambridge Association of University Women (UK)
- Capital Area United Way
- Columbia Area United Way
- Croatian Association of University Women
- Consortium of Aquariums, Universities and Zoos
Samples in periodicals archive:
Guideline for Prevention of Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections 2009.
Catheter associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI) are one of the most frequent infections and the daily risk of developing CAUTI is 3%-7% in the acute care setting.
The most common nosocomial (hospital induced) infection is catheter associated urinary tract infection.
The CMO also states in his report that the use of antibiotics should be restricted to purely treating a catheter associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) and not to prevent infection.
For burn patients in particular, and hospital patients is general, catheter associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) is a major health care problem.