Seventy-five volunteers will work alongside Catalina Island Conservancy staff to assist in a number of priority projects at the Conservancy's Wrigley Memorial & Botanic Garden, Ben Weston Beach, Ackerman Native Plant Nursery/Seed Bank and more within the interior of the island.
What does CIC stand for?
CIC stands for Catalina Island Conservancy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CIC
We have 692 other meanings of CIC in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Islamic Congress (religious group)
- Capital Investment Committee (various locations)
- Capital Investment Council
- Captive Insurance Company
- Carcinogen Identification Committee (California)
- Cardioinhibitory Center
- Carrier Identification Code
- Cascaded Integrator and Comb (decimator-interpolator)
- Case in Chief
- Cassava Information Centre (Colombia)
- Catalog Item Code
- Catalogue Item Confirmation
- Catawba Island Club (Ohio)
- Catecismo de la Iglesia Católica (Spanish: Catechism of the Catholic Church)
- Cathay Israel Chemistry
- Catholic Information Center
- Cause It's Cool
- CEBus Industry Consortium
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Company
- Cellule Interministérielle de Crise (French: Interministerial Crisis Committee)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For three years a summer undergraduate internship program focusing on the natural history and management of Catalina Island has run as a joint effort between the USC Environmental Studies Program (ENST), the Catalina Island Conservancy (CIC), the Santa Catalina Island Company (SCIC), the American Conservation Experience (ACE), and the USC Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies (WIES).
The Catalina Island Conservancy is responsible for 88 percent of the Island - mostly the largely undeveloped wildlands.
This success can be largely attributed to the work of the Institute for Wildlife Studies (IWS), the non-profit organization supported by the Catalina Island Conservancy and charged with recovering the Santa Catalina Island fox.
The Santa Catalina Island Conservancy (510-2595) conducts tours of the island's interior and of isolated coastal stretches; $65 per person for two hours, with longer trips available.
The Pimu Catalina Island Archaeology Project was founded in 2007 as a collaborative undertaking between the Gabrielino/Tongva community, archaeologists, and the Catalina Island Conservancy to synthesize and expand upon the previous research conducted on the island for over fifty years.
Catalina Film Festival is a competitive festival with awards in up to 10 categories, including the prestigious Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation "Great Communicator" Award and the ISLA Earth Award; an honor presented by the Festival's beneficiary, the Catalina Island Conservancy.
According to Bob Rhein, director of media relations for the Catalina Island Conservancy, the trail has been under construction for the past 10 years with the help of thousands of volunteers.