of Kentucky) considers the functional significance of targeting apoptosis for the treatment of prostate cancer, with the aim of translating current understanding of the molecular regulation of programmed mechanisms of cell death into a discovery platform, to allow pharmacological exploitation of therapeutic modalities to combat metastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer.
What does CRPC stand for?
CRPC stands for Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CRPC
We have 67 other meanings of CRPC in our Acronym Attic
- Crooksville/Roseville Pottery Area of Concern (US EPA; Roseville, OH)
- California Regional Particulate Air Quality Study (pollution control)
- Center for Research on Physical Activity, Sport & Health (Buffalo, NY)
- Canadian Radiation Protection Bureau
- City of Regina Pipe Band (est. 1992; Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Collaborative Research in Plant Biology (est. 1992)
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Building
- Children's Report of Parent Behavior Inventory
- California Rules of Professional Conduct (legal profession)
- Canadian Police Research Centre
- Cedar Rapids Photo Copy (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Center for Research on Parallel Computation (Rice University)
- Central Resume Processing Center (US Army)
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (College for Financial Planning)
- Consumer Rights Protection Committee (Egypt)
- Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Criminal Procedures Code
- Cimarron Region Porsche Club of America (Oklahoma)
- Columbia River Peace Corps Association
- Charles River Pollution Control District (Massachusetts)
Samples in periodicals archive:
a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new treatments for prostate cancer, today announced that clinical data from the ARMOR1 Phase 1 study and preclinical data on the unique triple mechanism of action of galeterone (TOK-001) in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC), will be presented today by Adrian M.
The application is currently under review for the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) patients with bone metastases.
Enzalutamide, a new type of hormone treatment, was assessed in 1,199 patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer that had previously received chemotherapy, in a multinational, randomised placebo-controlled trial sponsored by pharmaceutical companies Medivation and Astellas.
Abiraterone acetate is approved, in combination with prednisone or prednisolone, for the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) in adult men whose disease has progressed on or after a docetaxel-based chemotherapy regimen.
 In April 2011 abiraterone acetate was approved in the US by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)for use in combination with prednisone or prednisolone for the treatment of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) who have received prior chemotherapy containing docetaxel.
A total of 1,195 men (mean age 69 years, about 90% white) with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer who had failed up to two chemotherapy regimens, one of which contained docetaxel, were randomized to one of two treatment arms.
New York) said it has ended a late-stage clinical trial of its cancer drug Sutent, after seeing no survival benefit for patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer.