The nature of this unique gas-dust-plasma mixture has been revealed over the course of the mission with data from multiple instruments, including the Cassini plasma spectrometer, magnetometer, magnetospheric imaging instrument, and the radio and plasma wave science instrument.
What does CAPS stand for?
CAPS stands for Cassini Plasma Spectrometer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAPS
We have 375 other meanings of CAPS in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Academy of Practical Shooting (firearms)
- Canadian Annual Procurement Strategy
- Canadian Association for People Who Stutter
- Canadian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Canadian Association of Professional Speakers
- Capabilities (Mozilla)
- Capital (letters)
- Carrier Availability Planning System
- Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
- Cell Atmosphere Processing System
- Center for Academic Program Support (University of New Mexico)
- Center for Adult and Professional Studies (various schools)
- Center for Advanced Phillipines Studies
- Center for Advanced Policy Studies
- Center for Advanced Power Systems
- Center for Advanced Public Safety (University of Alabama; Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Center for Advanced Purchasing Studies (Tempe, AZ)
- Center for AIDS Prevention Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
Solar wind observations upstream of Saturn relied primarily on the Cassini Plasma Spectrometer (CAPS), developed by an international team headed by Dr.