As a result, Sanoma has decided to make non-cash goodwill and other intangible asset impairment charges in other cash generating units of EUR 11.
What does CGU stand for?
CGU stands for Cash Generating Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CGU
We have 27 other meanings of CGU in our Acronym Attic
- Collaborative Glomerulonephritis Therapy Study (nephrology)
- Computer Generated Test System
- Computer Global Technology Systems CA (consulting firm; Caracas, Venezuela)
- Chrysler Group Taiwan Sales Ltd.
- Command Group Training Support System
- Cortisone Glucose Tolerance Test (diabetes diagnosis)
- Ceylon German Technical Training Institute (Sri Lanka)
- Casino and Gaming Television, Inc.
- Can't Get Up (senior texting code)
- Canadian Geophysical Union
- Chang Gung University (Taiwan)
- Christian Gaming Universe (gaming community)
- Circuit Group Unblocking (ISUP message)
- Claremont Graduate University (Claremont, CA)
- Clock Generation Unit
- Club de Golf del Uruguay
- Commercial General Union (UK insurance company)
- Compound Geometrically Uniform
- Conditions Générales d'Utilisation (French)
- Consortium of Georgian Universities
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 8 Goodwill and other intangible assets Impairment of goodwill The key assumptions used in the impairment testing were as follows: * Discount rates * Rates of growth in cash generating units beyond 3 years Discount rate Rates of growth in cash generating units beyond 3 years Management believes that no reasonable change in the key assumptions would cause any of the identified cash generating units to become impaired.
GAAP, impairment of one cash generating units within a reporting units may be offset by higher market values of another cash-generating unit.
The corporate credit rating reflects the creditworthiness of IPL, its primary cash generating unit, which comprises 95% of consolidated assets.
Where the asset does not generate cash flows that are independent from other assets, the Group estimates the recoverable amount of the cash generating unit to which the asset belongs.
Meldisco, our strong cash generating unit, and Footaction, our fast-growing branded athletic footwear and apparel chain, have enjoyed strong, successful records as part of Melville.
If the recoverable amount of the cash generating unit is less than the carrying amount of the unit, the impairment loss is allocated first to reduce the carrying amount of any goodwill allocated to the unit and then to the other assets of the unit pro rata on the basis of the carrying amount of each asset in the unit.
Both Meldisco, our strong cash generating unit which operates leased footwear departments in Kmart and other stores, and Footaction, our fast-growing branded athletic footwear chain, are leading operators in their respective markets and well-positioned for the future.