Consequently, the interest credited to an employee's cash balance account is generally less volatile than the interest earned by employees in DC plans.
What does CBA stand for?
CBA stands for Cash Balance Account
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CBA
We have 508 other meanings of CBA in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Bookkeepers Association (Toronto, ON, Canada)
- Canadian Booksellers' Association
- Canadian Botanical Association
- Canadian Bus Association
- Capabilities-Based Assessment (US DoD)
- Capability Based Analysis
- Capability Based Assessment
- Capacity Building Assistance
- Carcinome Bronchioloalvéolaire (French: Bronchioloalveolar Carcinoma; medical condition)
- Caribbean Bar Association
- Catholic Biblical Association
- Catholic Business Association
- Cattlemens' Beef Association
- Celebrity Best Advice (book series)
- Cell Based Assay (molecular biology)
- Cell Biology and Anatomy (various universities)
- Center for Backyard Astrophysics
- Center for Bits and Atoms (MIT)
- Center for Book Arts
- Central Bank Accounting (IMF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At that point, employees were credited with a cash balance account equal to the amount payable upon retirement under the old plan.
It also ends what is known as the whipsaw effect so that a lump-sum distribution from a cash balance plan that is received prior to retirement may equal the value of the individual's cash balance account.
Depending on the employee's salary level, the wage increases will be provided as a combination of raises in the base wage rate, payments to the cash balance account that determines monthly pension, and cash bonuses.
Plan sponsors and participants enjoy a user-friendly secure online retirement center where Cash Balance accounts are updated daily.
75 percent in four steps over the two years, a 5-percent increase for both defined benefit and cash balance account pension plans, and improved subcontracting committee provisions, CWA reported.
For example, cash rewards include salary, incentive and profit-sharing allocations; credits include additions to the cash balance account and credits provided under the choicemaking plan; and company matching contributions and awards under the stock plan are provided in company stock.
Employees receive either a predetermined defined benefit pension or a cash balance account accumulation that represents a guaranteed interest rate applied over the years to percentage-of-pay contributions, whichever is larger.