KIM PUCHIR'S ARTICLE ABOUT the role of the Cardinal Newman Society in enforcing a very conservative Catholicism in higher education ("Undermining the Idea of a Catholic University," Vol.
What does CNS stand for?
CNS stands for Cardinal Newman Society
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CNS
We have 439 other meanings of CNS in our Acronym Attic
- Combat Net Radio Working Group
- Caribbean Network of Rural Women Producers (Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago)
- Canadian Northern Railway
- Cairns, Queensland, Australia - Cairns (Airport Code)
- Caisse Nationale de Santé (French: National Health Fund; Luxembourg)
- Camp Nathan Smith (military base; Afghanistan)
- Canadian Neurological Society
- Canadian Nuclear Society
- Canal Numérique des Savoirs (French: Digital Channel of Knowledge; educational resource)
- Canwest News Service (Canada)
- Catalog of Nearby Stars
- Catholic News Service
- Center for Nanostructures (Santa Clara University, School of Engineering)
- Center for Nanotechnology in Society (various locations)
- Center for Neural Science (various locations)
- Center for Nonproliferation Studies (Monterey Institute of International Studies)
- Center for Nonverbal Studies
- Central Nervous System (medical)
- Central North Slope (Alaska)
- Central Nursing Station
Samples in periodicals archive:
But traditionalist Catholics, for whom adherence to the Catholic faith is paramount in a school, know the only list that really counts is the one compiled by the Cardinal Newman Society, which is devoted to promoting and defending "faithful Catholic education"--or attacking anything they consider not faithful.
org/2012/09/28/saint-johns-university-hosts-actress-with-links-to-planned-parenthood/) the Cardinal Newman Society said Dawson's Voto Latino campaign at St.
Led by the Cardinal Newman Society, a self-appointed guardian of orthodoxy, the protesters seem to believe they are more Catholic than the pope.
Then, Biondi criticized the Cardinal Newman Society, a conservative Catholic group, for reporting that SLU would have an on-campus presentation of the "Vagina Monologues.
At least 13 American Catholic colleges and universities (out of some 240) have defied the US bishops by inviting commencement speakers who defy Church teachings on key moral issues, the Cardinal Newman Society reports (CWNews.
Edward Hathaway, and Patrick Reilly of the Cardinal Newman Society.
The Cardinal Newman Society for the Preservation of Catholic Higher Education maintains that "the essential elements of a Catholic education have been discarded for the sake of a mistaken notion of academic freedom.