Cardiac output (CO) is often used as a surrogate parameter for haemodynamic assessment, assessment of cardiac function and guiding treatment.
What does COUT stand for?
COUT stands for Cardiac Output
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COUT
- Construction with Unbound Road Aggregates in Europe (transport research; EU)
- Community of Uptown Residents for Affordability and Justice (Chicago, IL)
- Community Organisation Urban Resource Centre (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Coordination of University Research for Synergy and Effectiveness (Alberta Energy Research Institute; Canada)
- Court Security
- Creature of Unusual Size (band; Austin, TX)
- Confederation of Ontario University Staff Associations
- Commercial Operations of the US Customs Service, Advisory Committee
- Charter Oak Unified School District (California)
- C Output (C++ Language)
- Console Output
- Council Of University Teaching Hospitals
- Catastrophic Over/Under Voltage Shutdown (circuitry)
- Calculus of Variations
- Centrale Organisatie voor de Vleessector (Dutch: Central Organization for the Meat Industry)
- Cercle Ornithologique Villeneuvois (French ornithological club)
- Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle
- Change of venue
- Chant of Victory (Lineage 2 game)
- Christ Our Vision (ministry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AMSTERDAM, June 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- - New Algorithms Offered in ccNexfin Combined With Noninvasive Beat-to-beat Cardiac Output (CO), Blood Pressure (BP) and Masimo's Breakthrough Noninvasive Hemoglobin (SpHb) and Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) Measurements BMEYE B.
TORONTO--Pregnant women with congenital heart defects are not able to ramp up their cardiac output to handle the stresses of pregnancy, according to a small study out of the Netherlands.
The study investigated the accuracy of the LiDCO arterial waveform power approach (PulseCOtm software) to continuously measure cardiac output in children undergoing cardiac catherization.
However, cardiac output may not be appreciably affected.
The researchers then monitored their blood pressure, heart rate and cardiac output while they did stressful tasks.
In a study presented July 24 at an American Heart Association meeting in Chicago, Pendergast and his colleagues found that cardiac output -- the volume of blood pumped by the heart -- increased 50 percent and remained elevated throughout the shuttle flight, even though heart rate decreased and mean blood pressure remained constant.
com/research/hc37wx/low_cardiac_output) has announced the addition of Global Markets Direct's new report "Low Cardiac Output Syndrome - Pipeline Review, H1 2012" to their offering.