After the experience, Brown and his staff diligently checked customer IDs and requested card verification codes (which became required industry practice around 2009).
What does CVC stand for?
CVC stands for Card Verification Code (credit cards)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CVC
We have 233 other meanings of CVC in our Acronym Attic
- Costa Vallarta Boutique Villas (rental properties; Mexico)
- Computer Vision Beyond the Visible Spectrum (workshop)
- Convention Visitors Bureau of Washington County Oregon
- C4ISR Visualization Center (Pentagon exercise portal)
- CAIS Validation Capability
- California Vehicle Code
- California Virtual Campus
- Camera and Video Capture
- Cape Verdean Community (Massachusetts)
- Capitol Visitor Center (Washington DC)
- Cardiovascular Center
- Care for Vulnerable Children
- Casiers Vestiaires Consignes (French locker manufacturer)
- Cathéter Veineux Central (French: Central Venous Catheter)
- Caudal Vena Cava (veterinary)
- Cedar Valley College
- Cedar Valley Communications (Texas)
- Central Vacuum Cleaning (cleaning system)
- Central Valley Cali
- Central Venous Catheter (medical)
Samples in periodicals archive:
You should also confirm with the bank that the cardholder's information matches, and ask for the credit card's three or four-digit card verification code.
The principle is similar to that of a prepaid mobile phone - a credit balance is paid in via the Wirecard online account and is available in the form of a 16-digit MasterCard number, expiration date and Card Verification Code (CVC2) for online purchases.
Similarly, the adoption of Card Verification Codes increased from 38% to 73%, but merchants report a decline in its effectiveness from 49% to 31%.
Registering online within 30 seconds and depositing money by cash pay-in, direct debit or wire transfer, customers instantly receive a 16-digit MasterCard number, an expiry date and a card verification code.
Shopping Cart will validate and authorize the consumer's credit card number, expiration month and year and, as an option, the credit card verification code.
consumers) and require the card verification code, especially for new customers.
In addition to saving time and money, the Vital certification supports card verification codes and increases fraud protection for card-not-present merchants, and the Certegy certification offers merchants more options for check processing.