This combination keeps payment information more secure because when adding a card with Apple Pay, the actual card number is not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers, and cashiers don't see customer names, card numbers or card security codes.
What does CSC stand for?
CSC stands for Card Security Code (credit cards)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CSC
We have 1101 other meanings of CSC in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Society for Chemistry
- Canadian Society of Cinematographers
- Canadian Somali Congress
- Canteen Service Company (vending machines)
- Capacity Strengthening Component
- Captain Sea Cadets
- Capture et la Séquestration du Co2 (French: Capture and CO2 Sequestration)
- Capture et Stockage du Carbone (French: Carbon Capture and Storage)
- Car Seal Closed
- Car Styling Club (France)
- Cardiac Science Corporation (Lake Forest, CA)
- Cardinia Shire Council (Australia)
- Career Service Center
- Career Studies Certificate (various schools)
- Carl Sandburg College (Galesburg, Illinois)
- Carnegie Science Center
- Carrier Supporting Carrier (Cisco)
- Carrier's Carrier
- Case Study Committee
- Castleton State College (Castleton, Vermont)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Additionally, this service can also store user's credit card information, although users will need to enter the credit card security code manually.
The personal identification numbers and card security codes were not accessed, the company said.
Around 40 countries from all around the world took part in the annual conference to share expertise and enhance ID card security codes and provide quick services to customers.
Card Security Code (the last 3 numbers on the signature strip on the back of your card)
A dishonest employee may copy the card number and the three or four-digit card security code and then use this information to make purchases online or to commit white card fraud (using cloned cards) in countries where the EMV standard has not been introduced," said Andrew Rochford, business solutions consultant at ACI Worldwide.
Ensure that the payment application does not store prohibited cardholder data such as track data or card security codes.
They use a small keypad to secretly transcribe the three or four-digit Card Security Code on your plastic.