Axillary nodal metastases from carcinoma of unknown primary (CUPAx): a systemic review of published evidence.
What does CUP stand for?
CUP stands for Carcinoma of Unknown Primary
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CUP
We have 153 other meanings of CUP in our Acronym Attic
- Chronic Unilateral Optic Neuropathy
- Cambridge University Opera Society
- Center for Ultrafast Optical Science (University of Michigan)
- Carlisle United Official Supporters Club (UK)
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Cambridge University Press
- Canadian University Press
- Cancer of Unknown Primary
- Candidatura d'Unitat Popular (Catalan countries)
- Canterbury University Press (New Zealand)
- Careers Using Physics
- Carupano, Venezuela - Carupano (Airport Code)
- Catalog Update Process
- Cataloguing Upgrade
- Central Utility Plant (University of Colorado Denver)
- Centralized Ultrasound Processing
- Centro Unico Prenotazioni (Italian: One Centre Bookings)
- China Unionpay (credit card company)
- China University of Petroleum (Beijing)
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania
Samples in periodicals archive:
This atlas-based text intended for both residents and seasoned practitioners in need of up-to-date information covers every anatomic region in detail--skin, head and neck, lung and mediastinum, endocrine system, digestive system genitourinary system, breast and female genitals, hematopoietic tumors, soft tissue and bone, central nervous system, and metastic carcinoma of unknown primary.
Signet-ring cell carcinoma of unknown primary location.
The study, "Molecular Gene Expression Profiling to Predict the Tissue of Origin and Direct Site-Specific Therapy in Patients with Carcinoma of Unknown Primary Site: A Prospective Trial of the Sarah Cannon Research Institute," can be accessed here.
com/prnh/20111102/LA98641LOGO) The study, led by John Hainsworth, MD, of the Sarah Canon Research Institute, A Retrospective Study of Treatment Outcomes in Patients with Carcinoma of Unknown Primary Site and a Colorectal Cancer Molecular Profile, focused on the improved treatment response and survival in a group of patients in which CancerTYPE ID results were utilized in the selection of site-specific therapy.
BACKGROUND Unknown or uncertain primary cancer (UPC), also referred to as carcinoma of unknown primary (CUP), accounts for an estimated 3% to 5% of all metastatic cancers.
Poster Discussion at ASCO shows CancerTYPE ID predicted a site of tumor origin in 98 percent of CUP patients CHICAGO -- bioTheranostics, developer of innovative oncology diagnostic tests and solution provider for metastatic cancer, today announced study results showing that tumor profiling with its CancerTYPE ID([R]) molecular test helped guide site-specific chemotherapy and improve overall survival for patients with carcinoma of unknown primary site (CUP).
th], scientists from bioTheranostics and the Sarah Cannon Research Institute presented interim results from a prospective trial examining treatment of carcinoma of unknown primary (CUP) site directed by CancerTYPE ID.