LONDON, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Once again living up to its status as the 'world's most effective environmental treaty,' the Montreal Protocol has struck a deal with China to phase-out hydrofluorocarbon (HCFC) production and so prevent eight billion tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions.
What does CO2E stand for?
CO2E stands for Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Commanding Officer/ Tactical Action Officer
- Commanding Officer/Technical Director
- Cytochrome Oxidase 1
- Central Operations Specialist Firearms Command (formerly Specialist Operations 19; London, England, UK)
- Carbon Dioxide
- Cineastes Organization Osaka (Osaka, Japan)
- Consideration Of Others
- Cytochrome Oxidase 2 (gene)
- Carbon Dioxide Drench
- Carbon Dioxide Flux System (US Department of Energy)
- Chief Officers 3rd
- Circle of Five (gaming, Dark Age of Camelot)
- C Diminished Seventh (music)
- Computer Ondersteuning Zevenaar
- American Conger (FAO fish species code)
- California Olive Association (Sacramento, CA)
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Call on Arrival (shipping)
- Calli Ollin Academy (Tucson, AZ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the report titled 'The Economics of Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions in South Asia', annual energy-related greenhouse gas emissions in the five countries are together set to rise from 58 million tons of carbon dioxide equivalent in 2005 to 245 million in 2030.
They then used a database to find out how much greenhouse gas was emitted to produce each one, measured as the grams of carbon dioxide equivalent per 100 grams of food.
Annual emissions that in 2010 were 48 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e), a standard benchmark of greenhouse gases, would have to peak before 2020 and then fall to 44 billion tonnes of CO2e in that year, it said.
Each ticket offsets 100kg of Carbon Dioxide equivalent, as well as entering the player into the draw for both the big jackpot prize and the smaller prizes.
Electricity generation from wind produces about 100 times less carbon dioxide equivalents than using gas, and gas is cleaner than either oil or coal.
One CER equates to one tonne of carbon dioxide equivalent.
greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions were 6,576 million metric tons carbon dioxide equivalent (MMTCO2e) in 2009, a decrease of 5.