The serum levels of carcinoembryonic antigen and carbohydrate antigen 19-9 were within the normal reference range.
What does CA19 stand for?
CA19 stands for Carbohydrate Antigen 19-9 (serum)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Chest Area/Heart Area
- Control Audit Identifier Number
- Conflict Alert/Minimum Safe Altitude Warning
- Central Artery/Third Harbor Tunnel (Boston's Big Dig)
- Cortical Area/Total Area
- Concentration and Calcium: Phosphorus (ratio)
- Carbonic Anhydrase 1 (genetics)
- Computer Associates-1 (automated tape management system)
- Cornu Ammonis-1 (psychology)
- Cortical Area 1 (pyramid cells)
- Carbonic Anhydrase 2 (gene)
- Chimeric A2 (antibody)
- Cornu Ammonis 2
- Coxsackievirus Type A 24
- Coxsackie Virus A 24 Variant
- Corps Army Airspace Command And Control Element
- California Association of Accident Reconstruction Specialists (est. 1998; San Jose, CA)
- Carbonic Anhydrase 3 (gene)
- Calcium Nitride
- Central American Four (El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] We used an antibody-based microarray system that quantitatively measures 11 common tumor makers [including carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA19-9),  CA15-3, CA242, CA125, carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), [alpha]-fetoprotein (AFP), prostate-specific antigen (PSA), neuron-specific enolase (NSE), [beta] human chorionic gonadotropin ([beta]-HCG), cytokeratin 19 (CK19), and squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCC)] in serum to test our design to alert for heterophilic antibody interference.
Elevated serum carbohydrate antigen 19-9 and CEA has been found to be elevated in signet-ring cell carcinoma in the past.
To the Editor: Imaging techniques, cytology, and biochemical analysis [including carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)  and carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9) concentrations] of pancreatic cyst fluid obtained by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration are used to differentiate pancreatic cyst lesions, particularly those with malignant potential (1, 2).
2 mg/dL, and a carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9) level of 4,374 U/mL.