I take carbamazepine for nerve pain but was told they can cause kidney damage.
What does CBZ stand for?
CBZ stands for Carbamazepine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CBZ
We have 8 other meanings of CBZ in our Acronym Attic
- Cynllun Busnes Ynni Pren (Welsh: Wood Energy Business Scheme; Wales Forestry Commission; UK)
- Chesapeake Bay Yacht Racing Association
- Crewe Burkeville Youth Recreation Association (Crewe, VA)
- Colonial Beach Yacht Racing Club (Virginia)
- Community Based Youth Services (Oklahoma)
- Coastal Bend Youth Soccer Association (Corpus Christi, TX)
- Council Bluffs Youth Soccer Association (Iowa)
- City of Birmingham Young Voices (choir; UK)
- Congress Bundestag Youth Exchange
- Cabazon (Amtrak station code; Cabazon, CA)
- Centrale Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting (Dutch)
- College Bouw Ziekenhuisvoorzieningen (Dutch: College for Hospital Design and Construction; Netherlands)
- Comic Book Zip (file extension)
- Cortical Border-Zone (infarction)
- Cyber Boxing Zone
- Carbamazepine Controlled Release (medications)
- Cross Border Zero Balancing (Raiffeisen Zentralbank; Vienna, Austria)
- Central Business Zoning District
- C Compiler
Samples in periodicals archive:
](zonisamide) monotherapy study showing that once-daily zonisamide is non-inferior to controlled-release carbamazepine (Tegretol[sup.
Carbamazepine and phenobarbital carried intermediate levels of risk, depending on the dose.
Washington, Sep 20 (ANI): Carbamazepine and oxycarbamazepine, medications commonly used to treat neurologic and psychiatric conditions, increase nicotine metabolism in smokers, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School researchers have found.
Using IQ as the cognitive marker and after adjusting for maternal IQ, they found that the children exposed to valproate had scores 6 points lower than for carbamazepine, 7 points lower than for phenytoin and 9 points lower than for lamotrigine.
An epilepsy drug called carbamazepine has the opposite effect, keeping fruit flies awake.
The FDA has announced that the manufacturers of drugs containing the active ingredient carbamazepine have agreed to add to the drugs' labeling a recommendation that, before starting therapy with the drugs, patients with Asian ancestry get a genetic blood test that can identify a significantly increased risk of developing a rare, but serious, skin reaction.
Products that contain carbamazepine have been associated with rare but serious types of blood disorders.