Dogs infected with a contagious cancer called canine transmissible venereal tumor keep the nonfatal cancer in check partly by making interferon gamma.
What does CTVT stand for?
CTVT stands for Canine Transmissible Venereal Tumor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CTVT
We have 1 other meaning of CTVT in our Acronym Attic
- Caltech Conference on Very Large Scale Integration
- Canine Tricuspid Valve Malformation
- Centre for Tropical Veterinary Medicine (Scotland, UK)
- Canine Transmissible Venereal Sarcoma (canid sexually transmitted disease)
- CAP (Chip Authentication Program) Token Verification Service (VASCO Data Security International, Inc.)
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons (physician's group in Texas)
- Choke Thermal Vacuum Switch
- Cockpit Television Sensor
- Cape Town Visitor Services Association (South Africa)
- Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital (Austin, TX)
- Chaparral Television Trainer
- Community TV Trust (UK charity)
- Construction Technology and Vocational Training Institute (Bangalore)
- Cadet Training Weekend (Civil Air Patrol)
- Carbon Trade Watch
- Career Transition Workshop (various locations)
- Carry That Weight (Beatles song)
- Celcius Training Weapon (airsoft guns; Hong Kong)
- Certified Technical Writer
- Certified Tree Worker (International Society of Arboriculture)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Robin Weiss of University College London and his colleagues traced the origin of so-called canine transmissible venereal tumor (CTVT) to a single clone.
Canine transmissible venereal tumor (CTVT) appears most often in stray dogs.