According to Canadian Institute for Health Information data for 2012, Alberta reported the following active transplant waitlists (active means the person is able to receive a transplant at any time):
What does CIHI stand for?
CIHI stands for Canadian Institute for Health Information
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CIHI
We have 1 other meaning of CIHI in our Acronym Attic
- Central Illinois Higher Education Consortium
- Comité Interprofessionnel des Huiles Essentielles Françaises (French: Interprofessional Committee of French Essential Oils; est. 1997)
- Canadian International Health Education Network
- Cornell Institute for High-Energy Phenomenology (Cornell University; New York)
- CounterIntelligence and Human Intelligence Equipment Program
- Center for the Improvement of Human Functioning International
- Canadian Institute of Health and Food Sciences
- Citigroup Insurance Holding Corporation (Duluth, GA)
- Center for Integrative Health and Healing (New York)
- Canadian Imperial Holdings, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Center for International Health Information
- Cultural and Intellectual History Society (Greece)
- Central Illinois Hockey League
- Central Interior Hockey League (senior hockey organization; est. 1996; British Columbia, Canada)
- Clipsal Industries Holdings Ltd.
- Comité Interentreprises d'Hygiène du Loiret (French: Business to Business Committee for the Hygiene of Loiret; Loiret, France)
- Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning (India)
- Customary International Humanitarian Law (Cambridge University Press)
- Canadian Institute for Historical Microreproductions (est. 1978)
- Canadian Institute of Hydrocarbon Measurement (Alberta, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Canadian Institute for Health Information has published new data that suggests people who have metal-on-metal hip implants are more likely than those with the metal-on-plastic type to need a replacement within five years.
Although the Canadian Institute for Health Information would suggest that the growth in healthcare spending has slowed, it is obvious that curtailing costs with a focus on physician compensation, hospital spending and drug costs will continue to be our reality for the foreseeable future.
6) The Canadian Institute for Health Information is a not-for-profit independent organization created by federal, provincial, and territorial governments.
That was one of the conclusions reached in a 2010-2011 study conducted by the Canadian Institute for Health Information.
The Canadian Institute for Health Information, currently responsible for abortion statistics, reports that in 2007 there were 32,351 abortions in Ontario.
In the workforce, coders have continuous opportunities for training and professional development from the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) as well as the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
Indicating some measure of significance, several recent reports have been sponsored by key health and planning organizations such as the Ontario College of Family Physicians (Abelsohn 2005), the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health (Basrur 2004), the Canadian Institute for Health Information (2006), the Ontario Professional Planner's Institute (2007), the Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition (Tucs and Dempster 2007) and Smart Growth BC (Frank et al.