1] Although the Canadian Institute for Health Information would suggest that the growth in healthcare spending has slowed, it is obvious that curtailing costs with a focus on physician compensation, hospital spending and drug costs will continue to be our reality for the foreseeable future.
What does CIHI stand for?
CIHI stands for Canadian Institute for Health Information
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CIHI
We have 1 other meaning of CIHI in our Acronym Attic
- Central Illinois Higher Education Consortium
- Comité Interprofessionnel des Huiles Essentielles Françaises (French: Interprofessional Committee of French Essential Oils; est. 1997)
- Canadian International Health Education Network
- Cornell Institute for High-Energy Phenomenology (Cornell University; New York)
- CounterIntelligence and Human Intelligence Equipment Program
- Center for the Improvement of Human Functioning International
- Canadian Institute of Health and Food Sciences
- Citigroup Insurance Holding Corporation (Duluth, GA)
- Center for Integrative Health and Healing (New York)
- Canadian Imperial Holdings, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Center for International Health Information
- Cultural and Intellectual History Society (Greece)
- Central Illinois Hockey League
- Central Interior Hockey League (senior hockey organization; est. 1996; British Columbia, Canada)
- Clipsal Industries Holdings Ltd.
- Comité Interentreprises d'Hygiène du Loiret (French: Business to Business Committee for the Hygiene of Loiret; Loiret, France)
- Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning (India)
- Customary International Humanitarian Law (Cambridge University Press)
- Canadian Institute for Historical Microreproductions (est. 1978)
- Canadian Institute of Hydrocarbon Measurement (Alberta, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Statistics Canada's Canadian Community Health Survey; and the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) Portal, which provides pan-Canadian clinical and administrative data from which various indicators can be derived, such as mortality rates, re-admission rates by diagnosis, the number of Alternate Level of Care days).
Production of this special Supplement has been made possible through financial or in-kind contributions from Health Canada, through the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer's CLASP initiative, the Canadian Institute for Health Information, the Canadian Institute of Planners, and the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
In the workforce, coders have continuous opportunities for training and professional development from the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) as well as the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
Indicating some measure of significance, several recent reports have been sponsored by key health and planning organizations such as the Ontario College of Family Physicians (Abelsohn 2005), the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health (Basrur 2004), the Canadian Institute for Health Information (2006), the Ontario Professional Planner's Institute (2007), the Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition (Tucs and Dempster 2007) and Smart Growth BC (Frank et al.
A report from the Canadian Institute for Health Information weighed in on all the potential causes for the less than stellar health record of Aboriginals.
The workshop was made possible with support from the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) and Carleton University.
When homeless people enter a hospital emergency department and stay in the hospital, more than half will be there because of mental disorders, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information.