The complaint was filed with the Canadian Human Rights Commission in 2007 by the Assembly of First Nations and First Nations Child and Family Caring Society after the Government of Canada failed to implement two evidence informed solutions to address the problem.
What does CHRC stand for?
CHRC stands for Canadian Human Rights Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHRC
We have 21 other meanings of CHRC in our Acronym Attic
- Centre Hospitalier Robert Ballanger (French: Robert Ballanger Hospital; Aulnay-sous-Bois, France)
- Child Health Record Book
- Coin Hoards from Roman Britain (publication)
- Commonwealth Health Research Board
- Community Housing Resource Board (Montana)
- Committee on Human Research in the Behavioral Sciences
- California Hepatitis Resource Center
- California Hydropower Reform Coalition
- Canadian Heart Research Centre
- Canadian Henley Rowing Corporation
- Capital Hills Research Center
- Caribbean Harm Reduction Coalition
- Caribbean Health Research Council (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Catholic Human Rights Committee of Seoul (Korea)
- Cedar Hill Recreation Centre (British Columbia, Canada)
- Center for Health Research and Communication
- Certification in Healthcare Research Compliance (Compliance Certification Board; Minneapolis, MN)
- Certified in Healthcare Research Compliance (trademark of Health Care Compliance Association)
- Chanthaburi Horticultural Research Centre (Thailand)
- Child Health Research Center (US NIH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this capacity she has collaborated closely with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights and has represented the Canadian Human Rights Commission at the United Nations Human Rights Council.
2010 de-funding the Canadian Human Rights Commission forcing it to close its offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Halifax.
Canada eliminated mandatory retirement, acting head of the Canadian Human Rights Commission, said in a statement, praising the changes contained in a budgetary implementation bill.
Throughout this period, the Canadian Human Rights Commission and the Canada Employment and Immigration Commission were key players in pushing for a focus on systemic discrimination and affirmative action programs (see the detailed discussion in Timpson 2001:70-88).
Background Richard Warman filed a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission alleging that Marc Lemire communicated hate messages over the Internet in breach of section 13 of the CHRA.
31 had representatives from the Canadian Human Rights Commission, INAC, the Assembly of First Nations (AFN) and the FSIN, who all presented information on the changes.
of Ottawa, Canada) has served as Canada's official languages commissioner, chief commissioner of the Canadian Human Rights Commission, and a member of the United Nations Human Right Committee.