In a speech to the Western Barley Growers Association, he said that in 2012, marketing freedom, the modernization of the Canadian Grain Commission and a strong trade agenda, have all contributed to exciting growth potential for Western Canada s barley growers, who saw exports soar 35 per cent last year.
What does CGC stand for?
CGC stands for Canadian Grain Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CGC
We have 297 other meanings of CGC in our Acronym Attic
- Cooperative Group Buying Service
- County and Group Broadband Scheme (Ireland)
- Communications Global Business Unit
- California General Bar Exam
- Calavo Growers of California
- California Government Code
- Call Graph Construction
- Cámara Guatemalteca de la Construcción (Spanish: Guatemalan Chamber of Construction)
- Canadian Genealogy Centre
- Canadian Geoscience Council
- Canine Good Citizen (AKC Dog Title)
- Canterbury Golf Club (Cleveland, OH)
- Cape Girardeau County (Missouri)
- Capillary Gas Chromatography
- Capital Group Companies (various locations)
- Cascade Natural Gas Corporation (stock symbol)
- Central Greenwich College (UK)
- Central Gulf Coast (various organizations)
- Centre for Green Chemistry (Monash University; Australia)
- Centre Georges Chevrier (French: Georges Chevrier Center)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Daun (retired from the Canadian Grain Commission, Grain Research Laboratory) and co-editors with the University of Manitoba (in nutritional sciences) and the Canola Council of Canada thus introduce contributions by international researchers who provide a comprehensive review of this major plant source of oils, fats, protein meals, and other bio-based products.
In addition, an import permit is required under Canada's Plant Protection Act, and a phytosanitary certificate must be obtained from the Canadian Grain Commission.
The Canadian Grain Commission (CGC) is a leader in delivering excellence and innovation in grain quality assurance research.
AACC president-elect James Dexter is a senior research scientist at the Canadian Grain Commission Grain Research Laboratory (GRL) in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
CGF Brokerage and Consulting of Saskatoon employs qualified graders who analyze grain samples from farmers and grade those samples based on Canadian Grain Commission standards.
A marquee group of organizations involved in international trade participated in the pilot including USDA - GIPSA, Rabobank International, Canadian Wheat Board (CWB), LouisDreyfus Corporation, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Scotiabank, Canadian Grain Commission, Thionville Surveying Co.
The Canadian Grain Commission, an institution even older than the Wheat Board, is the policeman of the grain trade.