At the time, Defence Department official Jim Richardson said the Bosnia experience proved to the Canadian military that they could rely on contractors, so a long-term services support contract--dubbed the Canadian Forces Contractor Augmentation Program or CANCAP--was put in place in 2003 to cover overseas operations.
What does CANCAP stand for?
CANCAP stands for Canadian Forces Contractor Augmentation Program
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Catholic Apostolic National Church
- Cremation Association of North Carolina (Burlington, NC)
- Cycle Against the Nuclear Cycle (Australia; bicycle/social action group)
- Circulating Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody
- Classic AntiNeutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody
- Combined Aboriginal Nations of Central Australia
- Creative Arts Network 4 Community Action
- Cytoplasmic Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody (pathology)
- Contract Negotiation and Charging in ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) Networks
- Canada Cassette (Boards of Canada)
- Caisse Autonome Nationale de Compensation de l'Assurance Vieillesse Artisanale (French insurance fund)
- Caisse Nationale d'Assurances Vieillesse des Artisans
- Complex Adaptive Networks for Computing and Communication
- Computer Analysis of Nonlinear Circuits, Excluding Radiation
- Cancer Literature
- Cambridge and Nottingham Corpus of Discourse in English
- Canadian Command
- Women's Cancer Information Project
- Canadian Content
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Harris contract is part of a larger C$200 million Canadian Forces Contractor Augmentation Program (CANCAP) awarded to SNC-Lavalin PAE in December 2002.
Curious to know what sort of preparation these folks receive for life on a military base in the middle of Afghanistan's most dangerous province, Esprit de Corps enrolled for training with the Canadian Forces Contractor Augmentation Program (CANCAP) delivered by SNC-Lavalin.