As of 1999, Morgentaler's annual revenue was estimated at $17 million, based on figures for the number of abortions performed by Morgentaler listed on the Canadian Abortion Rights Action League website.
What does CARAL stand for?
CARAL stands for Canadian Abortion Rights Action League (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CARAL
- Community Arts Rhayader and District (Powys, Wales)
- Caribbean Association for Distance and Open Learning (Kingston, Jamaica)
- Collection Aggregation Reduction Analysis Display and Storage (ATEC)
- Canadian Registry of Atrial Fibrillation
- Calhoun Area Residents' Action Group (Minneapolis, MN)
- Center for Applied Research on Aging and Health (Thomas Jefferson University)
- Conference on Artificial Reefs and Artificial Habitats
- Carrier Air Wing
- California Abortion Rights Action League (US)
- California Reproductive Rights Action League
- Coordination of Action Research on AIDS and Migration (est. 1997; various locations)
- Coordination of Action Research on AIDS and Mobility
- Coordination of Action Research on AIDS and Mobility Asia
- Car Rental Association of Namibia
- Cadre de Référence pour les Approches Plurielles (French: Frame of Reference for Pluralistic Approaches)
- Comitato Assistenza Ricerca AIDS Pediatrico (Italian: Pediatric AIDS Research Assistance Committee)
- Caribbean Animal and Plant Health Information Network
- Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (sponsor of the Juno Award)
- California Resources and Training
- Center for Auditing Research & Advanced Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
We fear that the renewed abortion debate now in full swing in the Canadian media, coupled with the instructions from the HLI conference, have incited violence against abortion doctors once again," said Marilyn Wilson, executive director of Canadian Abortion Rights Action League.
Despite conclusive scientific evidence that each human life begins at fertilization, the Canadian Abortion Rights Action League still claims that human embryos have no moral status as human beings.
However, as a "Red Tory," he is fully supportive of abortion rights, and his wife, "bioethicist" Maureen McTeer, served for many years on the board of the Canadian Abortion Rights Action League (CARAL).
Earlier, on April 15, 1996, the Canadian Abortion Rights Action League (CARAL) held a press conference in Toronto promoting "emergency contraceptives that can prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex.