He was a contemporary of both Camille Saint-Saens and Caesar Frank.
What does CSS stand for?
CSS stands for Camille Saint-Saens (classical composer)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of CSS
We have 938 other meanings of CSS in our Acronym Attic
- Conversational Speech Recognition Workshop
- Central States Rotary Youth Exchange
- Carrier-Suppressed Return-to-Zero
- Carrier-Suppressed Return-to-Zero - Differentiated Phase Shift Keying
- Cable-Stayed Structures
- Calderbank-Shor-Steane (coding scheme)
- Calgary Science School
- California State Society (Washington, DC)
- California Superbike School
- Calpain Small Subunit (gene)
- Can't Shoot Straight (gaming clan)
- Canadian Secret Service
- Canadian Sleep Society
- Cancer-Specifice Survival
- Caningeraba State School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Cansei de Ser Sexy (Brazilian band)
- Canungra State School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Cascade Sierra Solutions (Oregon)
- Cascading Style Sheet
- Cascading Style Sheet (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among 13 operas, Camille Saint-Saens wrote one masterpiece and a few quite worthy works.
com Part of the award-winning Maestro Classics series of audio CDs designed to teach children about the joys of experiencing classical music, Carnival of the Animals is an excellent adaptation of the great symphony by Camille Saint-Saens, ideal for little ones ages 3 and up.
90 points for an error-free performance to the music of "The Swan" by Camille Saint-Saens.
9 /PRNewswire/ -- What: "Samson & Dalila" by Camille Saint-Saens Where: The Benedum Center for the Performing Arts When: Saturday, October 18 at 7:00 PM Tuesday, October 21 at 7:00 PM Friday, October 24 at 8:00 PM Sunday, October 26 at 2:00 PM Run Time: 2 hours and 45 minutes, including 2 intermissions Language: Sung in French with projected English titles.
Byline: Camille Saint-Saens "I wish people who describe the English as unmusical could hear the Birmingham singers They perform as if they were the finest musicians in the world.
In the documentary, 11-year-old Nathan, a cellist from California, shares the concepts and emotions that inform his artistic interpretation of The Swan by Camille Saint-Saens.
BALLET PREVIEW Carnival of the Animals What: Eugene Ballet premieres Toni Pimble's choreography to the music of Camille Saint-Saens, along with the short comedy "Pulcinella," to music by Igor Stravinsky Where: Hult Center's Silva Concert Hall, Seventh Avenue and Willamette Street When: 8 p.