Authorities had been searching for the boat since the mostly Afghan asylum seekers on board made a distress call to Australia late Wednesday, saying they were in rough seas and their boat was sinking.
What does CTA stand for?
CTA stands for Call to Australia (political group)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CTA
We have 616 other meanings of CTA in our Acronym Attic
- Cabletron Traffic Accountant
- Cadet Training Assistant (Air Force ROTC)
- Calculated Time of Arrival (aviation)
- California Teachers Association
- California Telephone Association
- California Transportation Authority
- California Trucking Association
- Call to Action (Catholic lay organization)
- Call to Arms (Diablo 2 gaming)
- Call to Arms (gaming, Lord of Destruction Runeword)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Oh come on, it's a joke - I only did that once The truth is that by the end of a Sex and the City boxed set I've usually moved on, but back in the day this sort of emotional revenge was all about sewing pilchards into the bottom of the curtains and leaving the phone off the hook on a call to Australia which, in a world of blinds and mobiles, appears positively Life On Mars - particularly after reading that a 28-year-old waitress called Emma Morgan 'gave her boyfriend his bust desserts' (this was the News of the World) by getting a £3,500 'boob job' using his credit card after discovering that he'd cheated on her with big-breasted women he'd met online.
Without the bolton, a 15-minute call to Australia with BT Together's Option 1 would cost pounds 1.
To place a direct-dial call to Australia, the consumer dials 011, followed by 61 (the country code), city code, and the local number.
A call to Australia with eircom during the day cost 68p a minute, but with Spirit it cost 17p and with Swiftcall and Switchcom it cost 18p.