Every year agricultural pesticides alone kill an estimated 67 million birds An array of disturbing side effects is in store for those lucky enough to survive a sublethal dose, including "increased susceptibility to predation, decreased disease resistance, lack of interest in mating and defending territory, and abandonment of nestlings," according to a 1999 report by Californians for Pesticide Reform and the Pesticide Action Network.
What does CPR stand for?
CPR stands for Californians for Pesticide Reform
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CPR
We have 614 other meanings of CPR in our Acronym Attic
- Centro de Pesquisas Hospital Evandro Chagas (Portugese)
- Cost Per Qualified Lead (advertising; also seen as CPQ)
- Chemical Process Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Cisco Products Quick Reference Guide
- CAC (Common Access Card) PIN (Personal Identification Number) Reset (US DoD)
- Calibrated Peer Review
- Calibrated Preemptive Response (riot control)
- Calibration Problem Report
- California Performance Review
- Calipers, Pads, Rotors (automotive repair)
- Call Processing Record (Telcordia)
- Camborne-Pool-Redruth (Cornwall, UK conurbation)
- Campaign for Progressive Radio (San Diego, CA)
- Campus Printer Repair (UC Davis)
- Canadian Pacific Railway
- Canadian Patent Reporter
- Canadian Patent Rules
- Canadian Photonics Repository
- Cancel Purchase Request
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 million dollar poisoning occurred in defiance of swelling grassroots opposition from a growing list of environmental and wildlife organizations including Surfrider Foundation, Californians for Pesticide Reform, and the Humane Society of the United States.
The chemicals Niklor handles have raised opposition from a variety of environmental groups, including the Environmental Defense Fund, Californians for Pesticide Reform and Pesticide Action Network.