This growth followed a decrease of more than 30 percent from 2002 to 2004 due to the previous round of regulatory changes in the California workers' compensation system.
What does CWCS stand for?
CWCS stands for California Workers' Compensation System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CWCS
We have 15 other meanings of CWCS in our Acronym Attic
- Claims Without Conveyance of Title
- Cambridge Workshop on Cryptographic Protocols
- Certified Wildlife Control Professional (National Wildlife Control Operators Association)
- Certified Worker's Compensation Professional
- Comprehensive Wildlife Conservation Plan (various states)
- Concealed Weapon Carry Permit
- Corrosion and Wear Control Program
- Current Water Control Plan
- Countrywide Classroom
- Committee for Workers' Compensation Reform and Accountability
- Center for Women and Children Studies (Bangladesh)
- Command and Weapons Control System
- Common Weapons Control System
- Comprehensive Wildlife Conservation Strategy (various locations)
- Conservationists with Common Sense (Virginia, MN)
- Control of Work in Confined Spaces (UK)
- Cross Linked Waxy Corn Starch
- Customer? What Customer? Syndrome
- Central Wayne County Sanitation Authority (Michigan)
- Children and Weight Coalition of Solano County (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the jury is still out on the overall long-term impacts of the reforms to the California workers' compensation system, legislated between the years 2002 and 2004, both insurers and businesses groups seem satisfied for the time being.
The California workers' compensation system has become increasingly complicated.
THE ABILITY TO RECOVER DAMAGES from an employer for stress-related disabilities, especially psychiatric disability, is not new to the California workers' compensation system, but the ability to recover for emotional strain wholly unrelated to physical injury is.
Motivated by a 2008 study from Navigant that showed 38 percent of medical payments in the California workers' compensation system were inaccurate, this payor conducted its own study of 100 files, analyzing all medical payments associated with the cases.
The State Fund-Kaiser Permanente Alliance was a model program for controlling and reducing some of the most significant cost drivers in the California workers' compensation system," said State Fund Vice President, Connie Raiche.
In our post-reform era, there are a number of emerging challenges to the California workers' compensation system that will call for timely and effective communication with our clients and other constituents.
CWCI is a consortium of national and regional workers' compensation insurance carriers doing business in California that conduct and communicate research and analysis to improve the operation of the California workers' compensation system.