Hale Johnston, senior vice president and regional manager, Pacific Region, has been re-elected as chairman of the Board of Directors of the California Workers' Compensation Institute, a private, nonprofit association working to improve California workers' compensation through research, information, education and representation.
What does CWCI stand for?
CWCI stands for California Workers' Compensation Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CWCI
We have 2 other meanings of CWCI in our Acronym Attic
- Curtiss-Wright Controls Embedded Computing
- Canadian Worker Co-Operative Federation
- Central West Conservation Farming Association (Australia; Conservation Agriculture and No-Till Farming Association subsidiary)
- Colorado West Central Fire Training Association
- California Wildfire Coordinating Group
- Colorado Wildlife Conservation Grant (Colorado Division of Wildlife)
- Columbia Willamette Compensation Group (Canby, OR)
- Cool Water Coal Gasification Program (US)
- Center for Watershed and Community Health (Oregon)
- Carmi-White County High School (Carmi, IL)
- Conference, Workshop and Cultural Initiative Fund (EU)
- Center for Women and Children in Crisis (Utah)
- Call Waiting/Caller ID
- Credit Where Credit Is Due
- China Workers' Center for International Exchange (Beijing, China; est. 1984)
- Crow Wing County Jail (Minnesota)
- Chicago's Windy City Jitterbug Club
- Canadian Winter Carp League (Canada)
- Canary Wharf Contractors Limited (UK)
- Collective Worship Copyright Licence
Samples in periodicals archive:
To remedy the situation the governor signed into law in 2004 legislation that, according to Alex Swedlow, executive vice president for the California Workers' Compensation Institute, sought to improve patient care "by requiring the use of medical utilization standards that incorporated scientific, evidence-based peer-reviewed standards of medical care, as well as a 24-visit cap on physical therapy and chiropractic care.
The Division of Workers' Compensation has approved revisions to the California Workers' Compensation Institute pamphlet, "Facts About Workers' Compensation," which employers and insurers use to meet the statutory requirement to provide information on workers' compensation to all new employees.
Alex Swedlow, who runs analytics at the California Workers' Compensation Institute, says, "Rural access is a known national problem that goes beyond workers' comp's ability to solve in isolation.
He was on the board of the California Workers' Compensation Institute and was past chair of the American Insurance Association's workers' compensation claims committee.
Woodward, president of the California Workers' Compensation Institute (CWCI), a non-profit research organization of insurers and self-insured employers, "Just when many companies are entering critical phases of programming and testing to make sure their operations are Y2K compliant, the state is forcing them to commit scarce technical resources to setting up a new system -- but it's like trying to hit a moving target.
The California Workers' Compensation Institute calculated that drugs sold this way--"repackaged"--cost on average of four or five times as much as the same meds bought at the drugstore.
Highlights of his distinguished service include terms as the President of the California Workers' Compensation Institute, Chair of the Governing Committee of the Workers' Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau, Member of the Senate Task Force on Medical Cost Containment, Commissioner for California's Workers' Compensation Fraud Assessment Commission, President and Chair of the American Association of State Compensation Insurance Funds and a host of roles in other committees and organizations.