Under MAP, groups advocating products generically, like the California Wine Institute, must pitch in a dollar for every $10 it receives from the taxpayer to market California wine abroad.
What does CWI stand for?
CWI stands for California Wine Institute
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CWI
We have 124 other meanings of CWI in our Acronym Attic
- Contract Work Hours Standards Act (law)
- Coal Workers Health Surveillance Program (US Centers for Disease Control)
- Contractor Work Hours & Safety Standards Act
- Construction Workers Health Trust (Ireland; established 1994)
- Cold Water Hammer Test Facility (nuclear energy plant)
- Center for Wound Healing and Tissue Regeneration (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Canada Western Hard White Spring (wheat)
- Critical Wildlife Habitat Zone (landowner restricted timberland; Texas)
- Cable & Wireless Inc.
- California WellBeing Institute (Westlake Village, California)
- Camping World, Inc. (Bakersfield, CA)
- Canadian Whale Institute
- Canadian Wine Institute
- Carlson Welding, Inc. (Kansas)
- Centrum Voor Werk En Inkomen (Dutch: National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science)
- Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Child Well-Being Index
- Civil War Initiative
- Claim-Warrant-Impact (debate strategy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
John McLaren, UK director of the California Wine Institute, the non-profit trade organisation that represents the region's winemakers, agreed that businesses were missing an opportunity to provide sweeter wines.
supermarkets, according to Gladys Horiuchi of the California Wine Institute, though most of the pinot grigio growth comes from lower-priced bulk wines.
The California Wine Institute attributes the growing demand to a number of factors.
SAN FRANCISCO, December 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Members of the California Wine Institute today issued a statement in support of the EU-US wine trade agreement approved on December 20, calling it a positive step forward in expanding the global wine market and meeting evolving consumer tastes and needs.
According to 1997 figures from the California Wine Institute, this is tiny compared to the United States (eight liters), Spain (36 liters), France (60 liters) or even non-wine producing countries like England (14 liters).
Among the dessert offerings will be a chocolate tart with raspberry sauce and my family's favorite pumpkin pie (stumbled on many years ago in a California Wine Institute cookbook) with plenty of freshly whipped cream.
The wine tour in Guangzhou-China was a California wine delegation, sponsored by the California Wine Institute http://www.