Mannix, a legislator at the time, voted for the act, but said it's time to make the plan optional - something he said would prompt 90 percent of Oregon's school districts to drop the regime and go with traditional graduation requirements and "off-the-shelf" achievement tests, such as the Iowa or California tests of basic skills.
What does CTBS stand for?
CTBS stands for California Tests of Basic Skills
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CTBS
We have 6 other meanings of CTBS in our Acronym Attic
- Cytosolic T3 Binding Protein
- C-Terminal Binding Protein 1
- Central Texas Benefits Planning Services
- Child Temperament and Behavior Q-Set
- Commonwealth Taxation Board of Review (Australia)
- Central Texas Barrel Racing Association
- Cancer Tissue Bank Research Centre (UK; University of Liverpool; collects and stores tissue)
- Closely Trimmed Boneless Retail Cuts (beef production)
- China Telecom Beijing Research Institute (China Telecom Corporation Limited)
- Chihuahua Toy Breed Rescue and Retirement
- Canadian Test of Basic Skills (standardized testing; Canada)
- Cape Town Baptist Seminary (South Africa)
- Certified Tissue Bank Specialist
- Comprehensive Tests of Basic Skills
- Council Tax Benefit Subsidy Limitation (UK)
- Cascade Trellis-Block Space-Time (coding scheme)
- Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty
- Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
- CTBT Organisation Preparatory Commission
- Consumer TelePresence Business Unit (Cisco)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One LAUSD official said changes in the statewide tests - from the California Tests of Basic Skills to two different versions of the Stanford 9 - have made annual comparisons difficult.