The association argues that the UC pension system has avoided some of the problems that have dogged the California Public Employees' Retirement System such as the billions in unfunded liabilities, and that the traditional pension serves as a strong recruiting tool.
What does CalPERS stand for?
CalPERS stands for California Public Employees' Retirement System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Workshop on Computer-Aided Language Processing
- Canadian Airline Pilots Association (union)
- Canadian Atlantic Lobster Promotion Association (trade association)
- Central Association of London and Provincial Angling Clubs (UK)
- California Police Activities League
- Cologne Radiocarbon Calibration & Paleoclimate Research Package
- California Professional Association of Specialty Contractors
- California Partnership for Achieving Student Success (also seen as Cal-PASS; data tracking initiative)
- Catchment and Land Protection Board (Australia)
- Center for Advanced Language Proficiency Education and Research
- Calculation of Phase Diagrams (thermodynamics)
- Colorado Association of Local Public Health Officials
- Connecticut Association of Licensed Private Investigators
- California Public Interest Research Group
- California Alliance of Local Practitioner Organizations
- California Polytechnic State University
- California Adult Literacy Professional Development Project
- Carmel Alison Lam Primary School (Hong Kong)
- Centre for Agroecological Livestock Production Systems (Canada)
- Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency Skills
Samples in periodicals archive:
13 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) and the California Public Employees' Retirement System ("CalPERS") announced today that they have entered into a letter of intent whereby CalPERS and Comcast will invest a total of $555 million in a new joint venture which will acquire and operate cable television systems.
Portfolio Manager with the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS), where he assisted with the design and implementation of a series of environmentally oriented investment initiatives in the Private Equity, Real Estate, Global Public Equities, and Corporate Governance segments of the fund's $211 billion investment portfolio.
LONDON -- Hermes Pensions Management Limited (Hermes) announces that Mark J P Anson, the Chief Investment Officer of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPers), will succeed Tony Watson as Chief Executive of Hermes, when Mr Watson retires at the end of January 2006.
The California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) announced today it earned a 12.
The California Public Employees' Retirement System Board of Administration today unanimously elected Rob Feckner as its President and Robert F.
The California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) today announced a special Web resource on proposals to privatize State and public agency pensions.
The California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) today announced that Moody's has assigned the System's National Credit Enhancement Program its highest rating.