Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- Members of the hacktivist collective Anonymous are demanding that a California police department remove an officer from the force after video has surfaced of the cop in question firing at a civilian 11 times at point-blank range.
What does CAPD stand for?
CAPD stands for California Police Department (mnemonic for branches of the thoracoacromial trunk: clavicular, axillary, pectoral, deltoid)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of CAPD
We have 68 other meanings of CAPD in our Acronym Attic
- Center for African Peace and Conflict Resolution (California State University, Sacramento)
- Coalition Against Police Crimes and Repression (St. Louis, MO)
- Cooperative Agricole des Producteurs de Cereales de la Region d'Aarras
- Cellular Auxiliary Personal Communications Service
- Citizens of Alberta for Positive Community Standards (Canada)
- Community Academy Public Charter School (Washington, DC)
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Canadian Association of Psychoanalytic Child Therapists (Brampton, Ontario, Canada)
- Certified Advanced Pet Care Technician
- Combat Air Patrol Control Unit
- Cash Available to Pay Dividends (finance)
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder
- Certificate in Apparel Product Development
- China Association for Promoting Democracy
- Clear and Present Danger (novel)
- Commission Administrative Paritaire Départementale (French: Departmental Joint Administrative Committee)
- Computer-Aided Product Development (education)
- Computing to Assist Persons with Disabilities
- Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution (India)
- Continuous Abdominoperitoneal Dialysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
In phase 1, Lompoc California Police Department will be outfitted with Robo III's (rugged mobile data computers) and RoboCAM (rugged in-car video) from RoboVu.
The Concord, California police department then conducted interviews with the woman identified as Allissa and discovered that she was in fact Dugard.
In that same year, the California attorney general authorized the MLU agent to travel to the Republic of Mexico and file Article IV criminal complaints for California police departments, sheriffs' offices, and district attorneys.
had obtained this arrest information from various California police departments.
Directed by Ken Goddard, a former chief criminologist for the Huntington Beach, California police department, the forensic lab is divided into three key parts: visual and microscopic identification, blood and tissue analysis, and chemical analysis, toxicology and firearms detection.
The nationally publicized abduction and murder of 12-year-old Polly Klaas on October 1, 1993 will remain a lingering frustration of the Petaluma, California Police Department.
In addition to video surveillance, Iron Sky also integrates other applications and information sources, such as: - Wireless public safety networks - Video surveillance analytics - Crime statistics - License plate recognition - GPS-tracking - Gunshot detection Recently, Iron Sky deployed a video surveillance solution for the City of Hawthorne, California Police Department at Eucalyptus Park, and the results were noticed immediately.