Poetry welcomed for competition School-age poets are invited to submit their creative verse to the second annual ``Free the Verse'' poetry competition sponsored by the Arts Council of Conejo Valley, the Thousand Oaks Arts Commission and California Poets in the Schools, Ventura County.
What does CPITS stand for?
CPITS stands for California Poets in the Schools
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of CPITS in our Acronym Attic
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology (New Zealand)
- Continual Process Improvement Team
- Current Product Improvement Team
- 2-Carboxy-4-Phenyl Isothiocyanate (chemical compound)
- Cards and Personal Identification Technical Committee (Singapore)
- Certified Professional Information Technology Consultant
- China Peace International Tourism Co., Ltd.
- Clinical Pharmacy International Travel Clinic (est. 1991; Colorado)
- Compact Precise-Integration Time-Domain (algorithm)
- Community Periodontal Index of Treatment Needs (WHO)
- Centre for Pest Information Technology and Transfer (University of Queensland; Australia)
- Central Project Implementation Unit (India)
- Clinical Practice Improvement Unit (Australia)
- Consumer Price Index-Urban (US DOL)
- Counter Pedophilia Investigative Unit
- Comité Permanent des Industries du Verre (French: Standing Committee of Glass Industries; Belgium)
- Comité Permanent International du Vinaigre (French: International Vinegar Standing Committee)
- Centre de Prévention et d'Intervention pour Victimes d'Agression Sexuelle (French: Center for Prevention and Intervention for Victims of Sexual Assault; Canada)
- Centrale Paris Initiative for Women (France)
- Certified Professional Insurance Woman
Samples in periodicals archive:
California Poets in the Schools became a statewide organization in the mid-1970s and there are now 35 counties from Humboldt to San Diego with chapters.
For more information about the California Poets in the Schools program, call Richard Newsham - poet and area coordinator for the program - at (805) 658-4706.