The Santa Clarita Organization for Planning the Environment and the California Oak Foundation case against a proposed 160-acre Newhall business and industrial park was thrown out last month by Janavs, and they claim that the dismissal was a mistake since their side was due to be argued in court.
What does COF stand for?
COF stands for California Oak Foundation (Oakland, CA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COF
We have 113 other meanings of COF in our Acronym Attic
- Constructora de Obras Estructurales SA de CV (Mexico)
- Corps of Engineers Systems Approach to Training (US Army)
- Consultants in Environmental Strategy and Negotiations (Mexico)
- Common Operating Environment Security Services
- Confederation of European Security Services (Wemmel, Belgium)
- Center for Ocean Energy Technology (Florida Atlantic University)
- Central Office of Employment Tribunals (UK)
- College of Engineering and Technology (various locations)
- College of Education Teaching Assistants (University of Kentucky)
- Curse of Exhaustion (gaming; warlock spell in World of Warcraft)
- Canadian Orienteering Federation
- Canterbury Office Furniture (Douglas Furniture Ltd.; New Zealand)
- Capital One Financial (stock symbol)
- Castle of Fun (WOTC message boards)
- Catalog of Fishes (database)
- Catholic Order of Foresters (Catholic fraternal insurance organization founded in 1883; Naperville, IL)
- Catholic Order of Foresters (Naperville, IL)
- Cavazzoni Orlando e Fratello (Italian ice cream)
- Celebrities of Facebook
- Center of Flotation (hull design)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To round out our suggestions (see "Good Companions," page 79), we consulted with gardeners, landscape designers, and the California Oak Foundation, a nonprofit group dedicated to protecting and perpetuating California's native oaks.
ARKANSAS Pointe Remove Wildlife Management Area ALASKA Homer Demonstratian Forest CALIFORNIA California Oak Foundation projects Klamath National Forest Kings Range Conservation Area Mt.
``This tree has no chance of surviving a move,'' said Janet Cobb, the president of the California Oak Foundation.
The Santa Clarita Oak Conservancy and the California Oak Foundation sued the Valencia college in July after COC announced plans for a parking lot that would destroy 68 oaks.
Byline: Bhavna Mistry Staff Writer VALENCIA - Hoping to stop the destruction of 32 oak trees - four of them more than a century old - the Santa Clarita Oak Conservancy and the California Oak Foundation have filed a lawsuit against College of the Canyons.
1 cause of the losses of oak woodlands,'' said Amy Larson, executive director of the California Oak Foundation, an educational group headquartered in Oakland.