Brown, a professor in the departments of Health Services and Community Health Sciences at the University of California-Los Angeles' Jonathan and Karin Fielding School of Public Health, was a founder of the California Health Interview Survey, the nation's largest state health survey.
What does CHIS stand for?
CHIS stands for California Health Interview Survey (University of California, Los Angeles; Center for Health Policy Research; Los Angeles, CA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHIS
We have 21 other meanings of CHIS in our Acronym Attic
- Confidential Human-Factors Incident Reporting Program (UK)
- Cooperative Hospital Infant Restraint Program (Toronto General Hospital; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Canadian Hospitals Injury Reporting and Prevention Program
- Children's Hospital Injury Research and Prevention Program (Canada)
- Computer Hardware Inventory and Repair Processing System
- Confidential Human Factors Reporting System (UK)
- Community Head Injury Resource Services (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Community Health Intensity Rate Scale
- Community Housing Information and Reference Services (Australia)
- Consumer Health Information Resource Service (est. 1985; Nebraska)
- Channel Islands National Park (US National Park Service)
- Chiapas (Estado de México)
- Community Health Information System
- Consumer Health Information Service (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Covert Human Intelligence Source (Crown Prosecution Service; UK)
- Committee for Health in Southern Africa (est. 1984)
- Cedar Hill Independent School District (Cedar Hill, Texas)
- Channel Initiated Secondary Electron (semiconductors)
- Computer Human Interaction and Software Engineering Lab (University of Victoria; Canada)
- Computer Human Interaction Special Interest Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
The data came from interviews done in 2001, 2003, and 2005 for the California Health Interview Survey of 7,252 women and 3,690 men who had received a cancer diagnosis as adults.
Using data from the 2009 California Health Interview Survey (CHIS), researchers found that of the 3.
Richard Brown, director of UCLA's Center for Health Policy Research and head of the California Health Interview Survey, said that with growing low-wage populations - and a diminishing middle class - elected officials need to push reform that will make health care widely available.
The California Health Interview Survey (CHIS) predicted that California preschoolers' poor nutrition, soda drinking and poor dental care would lead to more tooth decay.
The report is based on data from 4,000 12- to 17-year olds in the 2003 California Health Interview Survey, which the center conducts every two years.
Rosa Solorio and colleagues conduct a secondary analysis based on the 2001 California Health Interview Survey (CHIS).
According to the 2007 California Health Interview Survey approximately 29,000 Orange County children are uninsured making access to health care more challenging.