Highberger certified the class action late Friday afternoon allowing 3500 owners of The UPS Store to present their claims that UPS and its affiliated companies violated California law, including the California Franchise Investment Law that protects franchisees from deception.
What does CFIL stand for?
CFIL stands for California Franchise Investment Law
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CFIL
We have 1 other meaning of CFIL in our Acronym Attic
- Capital Facilities Information Handover Guide
- Center for Integration and Interoperability
- Central Florida International Investments (Orlando, FL)
- Certified Fire Investigation Instructor
- Certified Flight Instructor - Instrument
- Certified Flight Instrument Instructor (course)
- Consolidated Financial Investments, Inc. (Clayton, MO)
- China Fair for International Investment and Trade
- Californians for Fair and Independent Judges
- Charley Frances Ivan Jeanne (hurricanes; Atlantic hurricane season 2004)
- Center for Independent Living
- Center for Innovative Leadership (est. 1987)
- China Fisheries International Limited (China Fishery Group Limited)
- Council Food Intervention Level (EU)
- California Foundation for Independent Living Centers
- Centre de Formation International en Langues et Communication
- Center for Indian Language Technology (Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay)
- Center for Integrative Medicine (New Hampshire)
- Centre de Formation Initiale des Militaires du Rang (French: Initial Training Center of Military Rank)
- Chloroform Fumigation Incubation Method
Samples in periodicals archive:
Relying on the policy underlying the application of the California Franchise Investment Law, the court concluded that Pennsylvania law was contrary to the fundamental public policy of California embodied in the CFIL and that, as a result, "the choice-of-law provision in the parties' agreement [was] unenforceable for purposes of determining the validity of the arbitration provision.
The appeals court confirmed that any UPS store franchise who converted to UPS through the conversion date of March 2003 have standing to sue UPS under California Franchise Investment Law.
3 under the California Franchise Investment Law has been submitted to the California Office of Administrative Law and is expected to become effective in early 2001.
After being terminated as a U-Haul dealer, David Thueson sued U-Haul claiming that by terminating his dealership contract without cause, U-Haul violated California franchise investment laws, unfair competition laws and antitrust laws.
offered franchises to numerous California residents even though the offer of the franchises had not been registered with the Department, as required under the California Franchise Investment Law.
PLB agreements are clearly franchises under the California Franchise Investment Law.