Byline: ERIC LEACH Staff Writer After a nine-year ban on collecting abalone anywhere along the Southern California coast, the California Fish and Game Commission is considering opening San Miguel Island to fishing for the world's largest type of the sea mollusk.
What does CFGC stand for?
CFGC stands for California Fish and Game Commission
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CFGC
We have 13 other meanings of CFGC in our Acronym Attic
- Certificat de Formation à la Gestion Associative (French training certificate)
- Colorado Flower Growers Association
- Cy-Fair Girls Athletic Association
- Cystic Fibrosis Genetic Analysis Consortium
- Canadian Foodgrains Bank (est. 1983)
- Canadian Forces Grievance Board
- Centre de Formation du Gardien de But (French: Goalkeeper Training Center)
- Comité Français des Grands Barrages (French: French Committee on Large Dams; est. 1926)
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham (Alabama)
- Cape Fear Green Building Alliance (Wilmington, NC)
- Chaplaincy, Full Gospel Churches (Dallas, TX)
- Charnwood Forest Golf Club (UK)
- Christian Family Guidance Center (est. 1985; Missouri)
- Coalition for Gun Control (Canada)
- Colorado Federation of Garden Clubs
- Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga (Chattanooga, TN)
- Call Forward Group Don't Answer
- Center for Gifted Education (College of William and Mary; Williamsburg, VA)
- Constant Field Gel Electrophoresis (radiation biology)
- Crossed-Field Gel Electrophoresis
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Association's 1994 vote for "Commission of the Year" went to the California Fish and Game Commission for its efforts on balancing public use with resource protection, no small feat in a state brimming with more than 31 million people.
The five-member panel follows on the heels of the First Phase Blue Ribbon Task Force and will work with the California Department of Fish and Game and the California Fish and Game Commission to improve the state's system of marine protected areas through scientific analysis and expanded public input.
The controversial reserves, the largest in California, were approved after a series of contentious hearings by a divided California Fish and Game Commission.
3 /PRNewswire/ -- The State Office of Administrative Law has formally approved an earlier motion by the California Fish and Game Commission to close the black abalone fishery in ocean waters.
This Wednesday, August 2, 2006, the California Fish and Game Commission (CFGC) will be conducting a public hearing in Sacramento to discuss the addition of a new network of marine protected areas (MPAs) to the state's Central Coast region via the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Initiative.
The California Fish and Game Commission will also need to change state regulations to conform to the PFMC decision.
The question of fish migration past Healdsburg Dam was formally addressed when United Anglers filed a petition in 1988 with the California Fish and Game Commission, claiming fish passage was blocked by the dam and asking the commission to order the construction of a fishway.