13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In a letter to the Department of Housing and Urban Development sent today, Consumers Union and the California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform applauded the agency for proposing steps to strengthen its reverse mortgage program, but urged federal regulators to consider a more comprehensive package of protections to ensure reverse mortgages are a safe financial option for seniors.
What does CANHR stand for?
CANHR stands for California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CANHR
We have 2 other meanings of CANHR in our Acronym Attic
- California Association of Nurseries and Garden Centers
- Coordinating Assembly of Non Governmental Organizations
- Canine Handler
- Community and Neighbourhood Houses and Centres Association, Inc.(Australia)
- Conditional Access Network Handler
- California Association of Neurologically Handicapped Children (est. 1960; now Learning Disabilities Association of California)
- Canadian Association of Nuclear Host Communities
- Canadian Association of Nurses in Hemophilia Care (est. 1997)
- Consortium for Alaska Native Higher Education
- Canadian Committee On History of Geological Sciences
- Center for Alaska Native Health Research
- Canoe Association of Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK)
- Child Abuse and Neglect Institute (est. 1996; National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges)
- Community Action of Northeast Indiana (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Computer for All Nigerians Initiative (Nigeria)
- Constant And Never-ending Improvement
- Current Access Network Identifier
- Camara Nacional de la Industria Electronica y de Communicaciones Electricas (Mexico)
- Carbon And Nitrogen Cycling In Forest Ecosystems
- Centro de Ayuda A Niños Con Impedimentos de Isabela, Inc (Spanish)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I think it's terrible, and it exposes the weaknesses in this system," said Pat McGinnis, executive director of California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform, based in San Francisco.
If you don't use this money the way you should, or if you don't meet the current staff-to-patient ratio, they're not going to take those funds away," Patricia McGinnis, executive director of California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform, told the News-Press.
Officials with California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform remain concerned about "transfer trauma.
We see staffing issues, particularly wages and benefits, and quality of care as intertwined," said Pat McGinnis, executive director of California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform in San Francisco.
The two Bay Area organizations -- Institute on Aging and California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR) -- say the companies lure seniors to estate planning seminars and meetings as a pretense with the intention of obtaining their personal financial information and selling them the annuities.
``We couldn't agree more,'' said Mike Connors of the Pasadena office of California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform, which has sued the state for failing to investigate nursing home complaints in a timely manner.
June 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Assemblyman Ray Haynes (R-Murrieta) has formally asked Attorney General Bill Lockyer to investigate the California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR).