The lateral ankle ligamentous complex comprises the anterior talofibular ligament (ATFL), the calcaneofibular ligament (CFL) and the posterior talofibular ligament (PTFL) (Fig.
What does CFL stand for?
CFL stands for Calcaneofibular Ligament (physiology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CFL
We have 199 other meanings of CFL in our Acronym Attic
- Contractspelersfonds KNVB (Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond; Dutch soccer organization)
- Costumes for Kids (New Jersey)
- Center for Korean-American Peace
- Classics for Kids Foundation
- Caring for Kids Initiative (Minneapolis, MN)
- Center for Fast Kinetics Research (University of Texas at Austin)
- Central Florida Koi Show
- Central Florida Kayak Trips
- Columbia Financial of Kentucky
- Cadet Flight Leader
- Calibrated Focal Length
- California Federation of Labor
- Call Failure (Signal)
- Campaign for Liberty
- Can't Find Love
- Canadian Federation of Labour
- Canadian Football League
- Capacitated Facility Location
- Captain/Colonel for Life (military slang for someone who is unlikely to be promoted)
- Cargo Force Limited (shipping; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The anterior talofibular (ATFL) and calcaneofibular ligaments are clearly identified on axial and coronal images (Figure 22).
The anterior talofibular ligament was sprained in 26 subjects, the calcaneofibular ligament in 12 subjects, and the posterior talofibular ligament in 10 subjects.
The calcaneofibular ligament (CFL) originates on the anterior border of the distal fibula just below the origin of the ATFL.