Holt McCallany at the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (Photo by: Thoraia Abou Bakr) On Monday, American actor Holt McCallany came to Cairo.
What does CIHRS stand for?
CIHRS stands for Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Consultation of Investment in Health Promotion (Vietnam; health, community development and social sciences institute)
- Cambodian Institute of Human Rights
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Center for International Health Research (Rhode Island Hospital; Providence, RI)
- Centre for Integrated Healthcare Research (UK)
- Charleston Ice Hockey Referee's Association (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Colorado Ice Hockey Referee Association (Denver, Colorado)
- Columbus Ice Hockey Referee's Association (Columbus, Ohio)
- Commercialization of Interstate Highway Rest Areas (American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials)
- Centre for International Human Rights Enforcement (Ramallah, Israeli-occupied Palestinian Territory)
- California Institute for Human Science
- California Institute on Human Services
- Cambridge Isanti High School (Cambridge, MN)
- Channel Islands High School (Oxnard, CA)
- Classified Information Handling System
- Conseil de l'Informatique Hospitalière et de Santé (French)
- Center for Integrated Health Science Education and Practice (Winona State University; Rochester, MN)
- California Institute for Health Systems Performance
- Computational Intelligence for Homeland Security and Personal Safety (IEEE conference)
- Centre for Innovation in Healthcare Technology (Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
| GENEVA, Oct 4 (KUNA) - - The Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders, a joint programme of the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) and the World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT), the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN) and the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS) fear for the safety and security of human rights lawyer Khalil Maatouk following his arrest in the morning of October 2.
The global campaign - We Choose Peace - is backed by over 150 organisations including the African Council of Religious Leaders, the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies, the Enough Project, FIDH, IKV Pax Christi, the Norwegian Refugee Council, Refugees International, Reporters Without Borders and Secours Catholique and marks the 1st anniversary of independence of South Sudan.
Another coalition including the Egyptian Association for Community Participation Enhancement, the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies, and Nazra has received no response to its request for 1,116 permits," Human Rights Watch said.
I was invited by the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies to attend the conference, but when I arrived at the airport I was informed that I couldn't get on the plane," said the Bahrain Youth Society for Human Rights member.
This will hijack the organizations' free will and subjugate it to the will of the government," said Bahey el-Din Hassan of the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies and a signatory of the statement.
The report by the independent Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies surveyed 12 countries and said that most of them repressed human rights activists, press freedoms and discriminated against religious minorities.
The Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS) issued a press release on 17 December expressing "great concern," saying it was "unfortunate that the debate raised during the crisis was restricted to a doctrinal prosecution of Baha'ism [sic], while totally overlooking the core of the issue, namely, the right of each citizen to embrace the religion or beliefs of his own free choice without being discriminated against by any authority in society.