All solar panels produced at the facility are backed by an industry-leading, 25-year power output warranty and are compliant for procurement in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and Buy American Act projects.
What does BAA stand for?
BAA stands for Buy American Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BAA
We have 189 other meanings of BAA in our Acronym Attic
- Broad Area Announcement
- Broadway Artists Alliance (New York)
- Brooklyn Art Association
- Budget Activity Account
- Bugles Across America
- Bureau d'Accompagnement Artistique (French: Bureau of Artistic Support)
- Business Achievement Award (various locations)
- Business Administration and Analysis
- Business Area Analysis
- Business Associate Agreement (HIPAA)
- Master of Orion 2: Battle At Antares (computer game)
- Bilateral Airworthiness Agreements/Technical Airworthiness Arrangements (Canada)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts in Animation
- Bay Area Apartment Association (Tampa, FL)
- Bay Area Autodueling Association (gaming)
- Berwick Area Ambulance Association (Berwick, PA)
- Blind Adaptive Antenna Array
- Business Aviation Airport Access Program (National Business Aviation Association; Washington, DC)
- Base Access Area Automated Reporting System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Facts about the Embraer A-29 Super Tucano: A production aircraft more than 180 ordered and over 160 built and delivered Operational today performing ISR and security missions around the globe Selected by 10 clients around the world Certified for more than 130 munitions configurations Features open-architecture avionics Provides significant room for growth Proven low operating costs 84 percent fleet availability; 99 percent fleet mission effectiveness Buy American Act compliant; 86 percent of the dollar value of the Super Tucano comes from components supplied by U.
Public contracts Sarkozy, who has long banged the drum for trade reciprocity and branded Europe 'naive', has gone further and demanded that the European Union adopt a Buy European Act similar to the Buy American Act reserving certain markets for domestic producers.
The Recovery Act also includes Buy American Act requirements, extends the reach of Davis-Bacon labor standards, expands access of the GAO and the various offices of Inspectors General to contractor records, and creates an independent board to coordinate and conduct oversight of covered funds to prevent fraud, waste and abuse.
The Buy American Act ("BAA"), a stand alone federal law, which originally was passed in 1933, requires the use of materials, supplies, and manufactured goods produced in the United States on public projects, (25) and a provision stating as much must be inserted into public contracts.
gov/bymichiganfirst Special Buy American Act Requirements Under Section 1605 of ARRA, no funds appropriated by the Act may be used for a public buildings/works project unless all iron, steel and manufactured goods used are produced in the U.
Ahead of a McCain event in York, Pennsylvania, which is home to a big Harley-Davidson plant, Obama's campaign said McCain opposed the Buy American Act which requires the government to order US-made goods where practical.
Buy American Act No Longer Applies to Acquisitions of IT Commercial Items As of 28 September 2006, the FAR "authorizes an exception to the Buy American Act for acquisitions of information technology that are commercial items.