Participants grew concerned about the European economy after Germany's monthly business sentiment index deteriorated for the fifth straight month in September, market analysts said.
What does BSI stand for?
BSI stands for Business Sentiment Index (Indonesia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BSI
We have 282 other meanings of BSI in our Acronym Attic
- Building Science Insight
- Building Service, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI)
- Building Standards Institute
- Building Stone Institute (New York, New York)
- Building Systems Institute
- Built-In Systems Interface (automotive)
- Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (German: Federal Office for Security)
- Bureau des Services Infirmiers (French: Office of Nursing Services; various locations)
- Bureau of School Improvement (Florida)
- Bureau of Special Investigations
- Business Service Identity
- Business Software, Inc.
- Business Solution Integration (Hitachi)
- Business Standards Institution (UK)
- Business Strategies and Insight
- Business Strategies International
- Business Strategy, Inc.
- Business Support Incubator
- Business Survey Index (South Korea)
- Business Synergetics International LLC
Samples in periodicals archive:
The business sentiment index for large firms in the second quarter stood at minus 3.
The Ifo economic institute said its closely watched business sentiment index defied expectations for the second month in a row, while a separate survey showed consumer confidence also holding up despite the long-running European debt crisis.
The Kyodo survey showed economists predict the closely watched business sentiment index (BSI) for large manufacturers in the June Tankan survey will come in at minus 17 on average, compared with minus five in the March survey released in April, for a second consecutive quarter of decline.
Germany's Ifo business sentiment index more than 100 billion euros ($130 billion) in financing costs.
The market reacted little to a rise to plus territory in the Bank of Japan's quarterly Tankan business sentiment index for large manufacturers for September, released minutes before the opening bell, as the result came largely within market expectations.
In the absence of any breakthrough, the markets were left only with the Ifo economic institute's closely watched business sentiment index down 0.
Inheriting the weakness in New York trading, the dollar hovered around the mid-87 yen level in the morning as the worse-than-expected business sentiment index in the U.