DETROIT, May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- While campaigning to become the Governor of Michigan, candidate Rick Snyder proposed to eliminate the business personal property tax because he felt that it was an impediment to attracting reinvestment and new investment into Michigan.
What does BPPT stand for?
BPPT stands for Business Personal Property Tax (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BPPT
- Billion Packet per Second (computer networking)
- Birds of Prey Protection Society (Bulgaria)
- Blood Plasma Protein Spectrum
- Bukit Panjang Primary School (Singapore)
- Bureau for Policy and Programme Support (UN)
- Banana Paper Project Supporting Association (Japan)
- Black Panther Party for Self Defense
- Badan Pengawas Pemegang Saham Minoriti (Malaysian: Minority Shareholder Watchdog Group)
- Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology, Indonesia
- Badan Pengkajian Penerapan Teknologi (Indonesian: Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology; Indonesia)
- Benign Paroxysmal Positioning Vertigo (medical condition)
- Benign Paroxysmal Postural Vertigo
- Benign Paroxystic Positional Vertigo
- Brevet de Patron Plaisance Voile (French sailing certification)
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo of the Horizontal Semicircular Canal
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo of the Posterior Semicircular Canal
- Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education
- Bangladesh Public Policy Watch (human rights organization)
- Border Power Plant Working Group (San Diego, CA)
- Behavior Prediction Questionnaire
Samples in periodicals archive:
com)-- Equity Tax Consultants (ETC), a nationwide provider of business personal property tax consulting, announced the expansion of services to the film and television industry.
with a comprehensive review of the inventory of state economic incentive programs; and, Best Practices of Economic Incentives Programs, including analysis of job training grant programs, payroll rebate programs, deal-closing funds, retention incentive programs, the business personal property tax exemption, tax increment financing and new incentives programs.
In recent years, a limited number of property tax assessing jurisdictions have hired contract or third-party agents to audit business personal property tax returns and records.
Municipal qualified revenues include the following: business personal property tax replacement revenues, gross receipts tax (now known as 'energy receipts') revenues, municipal purposes tax assistance fund distributions, state urban aid, state revenue sharing and any other funds appropriated as state aid and not otherwise dedicated to specific municipal programs.
The survey conducted during a Web seminar in May 2010 polled over 100 property tax executives in various industries including manufacturing, energy, and telecommunications and found that: * 58 percent expect their property tax liability to either remain the same or increase compared to last year * 74 percent find compliance with business personal property tax on inventory a significant issue for their organization Currently there are more than 13,000 taxing jurisdictions in the United States, each with varying rules and regulations on how property, including inventory, is taxed.
Second, a bid to eliminate the business personal property tax, which raises $750 million to $800 million for local governments, mutated into a study to be conducted between now and the next session of the legislature that will determine the negative impacts of the tax on business recruitment.
Governor Ritter's proposals adjusting the exemption for small companies from the business personal property tax is also welcome news.