The DoD's Business Management Modernization Program and various similar efforts have had little measurable effect, perhaps because of their focus on revamping the system rather than reforming the people.
What does BMMP stand for?
BMMP stands for Business Management Modernization Program (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BMMP
We have 9 other meanings of BMMP in our Acronym Attic
- Biosolids Management Master Plan
- Bluebonnet Military Motor Pool (of Texas)
- Body Movement Mind Paradigma
- Bond voor Minder Marine-Personeel
- Boston Money Management Program
- Breast Milk Monitoring Program
- Broadcast Music Management Project
- Bulk Micromachining of Plastics
- Bulkley Monitoring Model Project
- Burleigh Manor Music Parents
- Business Music Media Player
- Booster Main Magnet Power Supply
- Balkan Military Medical Review (Balkan Military Medical Committee)
- Birth Matrix-Mating Rule (Department of Economics; University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, PA)
- Bryn Mawr Medieval Review
- Blackbird Micro Midget Racing Club, Inc. (Deleware)
- Balanced Mean Magnitude of Relative Error
- Brand Management and Marketing Research Unit (UK)
- Bachelor of Multimedia Studies
- Bennett's Mill Middle School (Fayetteville, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since July 2001, the Department's Business Management Modernization Program (BMMP) has focused on better enabling DoD to support its warfighting objectives, while continually improving the FM information provided to the Congress, which acts as the steward of United States government investments.
Although senior DOD leaders have shown commitment to transformation as evidenced by key initiatives such as human capital reform, the Business Management Modernization Program, and the Financial Improvement Initiative, little tangible evidence of improvement has been seen in DOD's business operations.
He was instrumental in the development and certification by the business management modernization program (BMMP) of a comprehensive logistics readiness reporting tool, used weekly to report the fleet's logistical readiness to commanders.
Many Countries, One Language "Over the past 50 years, the Services and Defense agencies have developed separate business systems and processes to ensure they fulfill and sustain mission-critical support to the warfighter," said Dave Wabeke, acting director of the Financial Management Domain (FMD) within the Business Management Modernization Program.
This is a time of significant change within the Department, as it embarks on major transformation initiatives such as comprehensive asset management, global basing, Base Realignment and Closure, and the Business Management Modernization Program.
The Business Management Modernization Program (BMMP) is distinct in its ability to drive real transformation throughout the DoD.
To learn more about these tools, as well as other major program initiatives under the purview of the Business Management Modernization Program, visit the BMMP Web site at <http://www.