Councilor Betty Taylor asked whether other options, such as a general business license fee or a city income tax, had been considered.
What does BLF stand for?
BLF stands for Business License Fee (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BLF
We have 33 other meanings of BLF in our Acronym Attic
- Bubble Lattice File
- Buckeye Liberty Foundation (Ohio)
- BudgetLightForum (website)
- Builders Labourers Federation (Australia)
- Building Limes Forum
- Bulk Light Fraction
- Business Law Forum (various locations)
- Business Leaders Forum
- Business Leadership Forum
- Business Lending Fundamentals
- Busy Lamp Field
- Busy Line Field
- Byggevare Leverandør Foreningen (Denmark)
- Svenska Barnläkarföreningen
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen & Enginemen (railroad union part of United Transportation Union since late 1960s)
- Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp
- Barnsley Ladies Football Club (UK)
- Big Lama Fan Club (online forum)
- Biggest Little Fur Con (convention; Reno, NV)
- Black and Latino Filmmaker's Coalition
Samples in periodicals archive:
Based on these results, the city increased business license fees, taking pressure off its general fund.
The plan modifies the Chamber's previous business license fee proposal in order to unify the business community around one replacement-tax proposal.
4 Million UAA's successful initiative in Ogden, Utah, to head off a proposed $200 per year increase in business license fees for residential rentals saved Utah apartment owners $1.
His list of accomplishments at the UBA includes fighting and winning a two-year battle with the League of Cities and Towns to close a loophole in the business license fee law.
They pay rent and property taxes, but not the business license fees and sales taxes that local governments covet.
[sections] 38-7-160, which specifically permits municipalities to collect a business license fee or tax based on insurance premiums collected in the municipality or realized from risks located therein.
The Twenty Most Expensive Cities in 2011 City Name Sales Tax Retail Business License Fee Property Tax AKRON, OH 6.