Citing a similar scenario, the Bushmeat Crisis Task Force charges that a surge in mining of columbo-tantalite, a material used in cell phone capacitors, is opening even some supposedly protected parks to increases in the bushmeat trade.
What does BCTF stand for?
BCTF stands for Bushmeat Crisis Task Force
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BCTF
We have 12 other meanings of BCTF in our Acronym Attic
- British Columbia Teachers of English as an Additional Language
- Battle Command, Training and Education Division (US Army and Cubic Corporation)
- Broward County Traffic Engineering Division (Florida)
- British Columbia Telephone
- British Columbia Teachers of English Language Arts (Canada)
- Base Central Test Facility (US Air Force)
- Beaver Creek Task Force (Tennessee)
- Bit Combination Transformation Format
- British Columbia Teachers' Federation
- British Craft Trade Fair (UK)
- British Columbia Transportation Financing Authority (Canada)
- Black Country Training Group (UK)
- Blue Coyote Theater Group (New York, NY)
- Breast Cancer Trials Group (Australia)
- British Christmas Tree Growers Association
- Bakery Confectionery Tobacco and Grain Millers
- Bat Conservation Trust Helpline (UK)
- Butler County Treasure Hunters (Pennsylvania)
- Bergen County Technical High School (Bergen County, NJ, USA)
- Bucks County Technical High School (Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Areas that had been previously unexploited and unpopulated are suddenly inundated, and every worker may bring eight or 10 individuals who are dependent on that salary," says Heather Eves, director of the Bushmeat Crisis Task Force (BCTF), a consortium of more than 30 organizations and institutions formed in 1999 to address the looming problem.
Conservationists seek to maintain remaining wildlife and restore populations back to healthy, viable levels in ways that benefit from lasting public support (Robinson and Bennett 2000; Bushmeat Crisis Task Force 2002).